SQUIDS

busa9

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span><span style='color:purple'>
iamwithstupid.gif
</span>OK HERE GOES!!!! OF COURSE BY NOW MOST KNOW I AM A NEWBIE AND I KNOW THAT THIS MAY GENERATE ALOT OF DIFFERENT DEFFINITIONS, BUT I SEE THIS NAME USED QUITE OFTEN IN ALL OF THE FOURMS AT THIS SITE AND TO FURTHER MY UNDERSTANDING OF SOME OF THE LINGO USED HERE.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-family:times'></span>        JUST WHAT IN THE HELL IS A SQUID?
rock.gif
???

1zhelp.gif

I believe it is a cephlopod in the same family as the cuttlefish and the octopus.

But seriously, a squid is a sport rider with more brovado than brains. He will wear shorts and flip-flops while riding a wheelie at 60mph. He is also the reason the rest of us pay high insurance premiums.

I believe such a fella is called a squid because a real squid slopped onto the road out in the open, is a similar visual to what it would look like if your typical shorts, no shirt, flipflop, helmetless dude would look like if he dumped his bike road-rashed his carcass and split his skull open.

Anyone who doesnt respect the motorcycle, who talks a lot of trash, doesnt ride well, and focuses on posing with it more than proper riding techniques, is considered a squid.

Well. It used to be the hardley group and rest of us.

Now the bike community has decided to classify specific individuals and groups further with derogative terms such as squid and poser regardless of bike make or style.

Squid is usally a greenhorn, without proper gear, doing stupid sh*t. The squid term comes from what flesh looks like after it slides on pavement for a ways.

Poser is someone who buys a pretty bike but rarely rides it. He might go to the nearest Starbucks(to pose or showoff). He usally wears fancy gear. Posers are sometimes described as gay power rangers.

Power ranger is a sportbike rider with full racing gear. He may or may not race. He's a wannabe racer.

All this squid, poser, and power ranger stuff is all drivel and certainly does its job of segmenting the motorcycle community further.

I've heard the following; "squid" short for squirrely kid pertains to the above mentioned actions.... and

squids as in the ocean are pretty unpredictable creaters with not much protection and when scared secrete a black ink similair to a sport bike rider that wears little to no gear when riding unpredictably gets scared and locks the breaks creating a black skid......

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span><span style='color:purple'>
iamwithstupid.gif
</span>OK HERE GOES!!!! OF COURSE BY NOW MOST KNOW I AM A NEWBIE AND I KNOW THAT THIS MAY GENERATE ALOT OF DIFFERENT DEFFINITIONS, BUT I SEE THIS NAME USED QUITE OFTEN IN ALL OF THE FOURMS AT THIS SITE AND TO FURTHER MY UNDERSTANDING OF SOME OF THE LINGO USED HERE.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-family:times'></span>        JUST WHAT IN THE HELL IS A SQUID?
rock.gif
???

1zhelp.gif
Thank you very much!!! I was wondering the same thing! Now I know!
newbie.gif

Well I can tell you one thing. If you ever come to where I live you can see first hand what a squid looks like. I think me and a few of my buddies are the only real riders in town. Everyone else is a bunch of no gear wearing, not knowing how to ride, and not capable of socializing with anyone who has a nicer bike then them tools.

I wear everything except protective pants , I do plan on getting some leather pants for any longer more spirited rides.

Ive gone down @ 85mph so I kinda know what its like and what a few possibilties are..jeans are perfectly fine for a low side IF you move around , trust me you have plent of time to think about it while skidding on the pavement for 50+ yards.
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure we've all participated in squiddly activities at some time in our lives, so let's not damn them all to hell just yet. They may yet grow up into decent people, just like some of us!

I'm a power ranger!??  Oh well, I've been called worse things than that    
tounge.gif

Not that I'm a wanna be racer, but I wana go to the track to ride...
race.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117681369 -->

Back