Trailer for hauling bikes

Tandem rides smoother and is more forgiving on loading. That means your tongue weight doesn't change as fast as you move stuff around.

depends on how much space u have. some ppl have small garages and want the single they can fold up. its not like there is a car on the back. BIG difference wen u compare the two vehicles wen it comes to a hauling trailer.

Yes but it's really hard to ride 2 or more at once where as you can trailer as many as you can hold. :laugh:

Some people even use their trailer as a garage. :thumbsup:

I know and understand that. It's just heart breaking to see a perfectly good bike being pulled down the road. I too have a bike trailer but it is for dirt bikes.

Well, I decided to go best of both worlds and buy two trailers. I'm going to get a very small trailer for hauling a single bike - something small and light enough that even a car can handle it. I'm going to look at one tonight that I'm hoping to like enough to take home with me.

And later on this week, I'll be ordering the enclosed trailer. I've decided to have one custom built at Interstate 1. Nothing really fancy, but there are a few options that most trailers on the market just don't seem to come with, so I decided it would be best to option one out and wait for it to be built. Many trailers on the market are only 6ft tall and most have flat, galvanized steel roofs, and .024" outer skin.

7 x 14 cargo trailer w/ bowed roof
Tamdem axle with brakes
Leaf spring suspension
Standard 6'6" height (6'8" in center of floor to bows)
1-piece aluminum roof
Rear ramp and side door
.030" outer skin
Radial tires

And I'm undecided if I will get a wedge nose or a flat face. Most of the reading I've done shows they will tow about the same behind my big, boxy Suburban. It really boils down to if that odd-shaped extra 7 sq/ft is worth the $181 upcharge. Opinions on that?

I would NEVER consider a FLAT nosed trailer. Have a V nosed and it is worth the money.

You stated that it is 6'8'' - Well I'll bet your Suburban isn't that tall so the trailer will be taller and a V nose will be worth it.
Besides if it is a 7 x 14 - a flat will not get you any additional storage area etc. whereas a V should be on top of the 7 x 14 so that is why they charge a little more.

Good luck and I'm sure you know we need pictures.... :whistle:

Get the v-nose. The space is nice, but it does pull much better.

I know and understand that. It's just heart breaking to see a perfectly good bike being pulled down the road. I too have a bike trailer but it is for dirt bikes.
well, wen u live 2 hours from the track and ur bike breaks down wadda u gonna do then? u gonna push it home?

Here is what I use. The 12 ft alum is nice (not cheap). I get like 25mpg with the scion xb. The 20ft I used for storage or if I need to take friends.

4411_1166663330074_7034486_n.jpg

4411_1166663410076_3544084_n.jpg

4411_1166663450077_4605470_n.jpg

183051_1201098990944_1082096_n.jpg

I have an open 5'X10' that will haul a couple of bikes, lawn tractor etc.and a 8.5'X20' enclosed for more bikes and cars.

rig heartland park - Copy.jpg

Back