Trailer to Haul Busa?

Another View. I have the storage area in the front of the trailer for gear, jack stands, whatever

DCP_0930.JPG

Here's a pic of my trailer. I've probably got a couple more if you're interested.

post_6_54683_DSC00515.jpg

Keep the pic's coming.... Lots of good choices! I've also owned a Jeep, the YJ model. Only thing you have to worry about with that short wheel base is being carefull of your tongue weight. Hauling loads of firewood once I got a little carried away... Hit a small dip in the road and the front end came off the ground. Scared the ...... (use your imagination) out of me! But, that was A LOT of weight. Should be no problem for the kind of weight your talking about. Just try and even the load out as much as possible.

Other side.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103812105 -->

post_6_54610_DSC00513.jpg

Thanks for all the responses and advice. After your input, I am going to rethink this and will actually probably go with a less expensive trailer.

I hauled my Gold Wing several times in the back of my short wheelbase full size Z71 pickup with the tailgate down. I simply used a 6x6 timber with an angled notch cut for the front tire as a poor man's chock in the front of the bed to keep from bending the front of the bed into the cab. I have a place near my dad's house where I can back the pickup off and make the bed almost level with the ground. Then I would use my atv ramps to drive the Gold Wing into the bed of the truck. The challenge was finding a similar place when we arrived at our bike riding location to unload the bike.

I would haul the Busa in my pickup also but my daughter thinks it will be a lot more fun to have the Jeep along since they can take the top off.

I have the prefect trailer for you, it was custom built 5 *10 aluminum bed with 17" chrome mags and is completely pneumatic. It has a remote that lowers it to ground level so you can drive the bike onto it and then raises it to regular height through it's air bag suspension. The airbag ride assures you that the bike never sees a bump, no matter what. Let me know if you are interested, I want to sell it. It has 500 miles on it, brand new condition. Contact me via e-mail:

stevewertheimer@hotmail.com

I will send you pics.

This is the one I built and use.  It's a tilt bed trailor.  Ride right up the trailor.  
post-6-20594-trailer9.gif

post-6-20532-trailer5.gif

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104283133 -->

Back