Open Trailer

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 10 2007,01:47)
(Charlesbusa @ May 09 2007,23:39) Last one, 2 years ago on the way to Laguna Seca  
biggrin.gif
That is a cool picture. I love it. Hauling 3 bikes means no games. Love the trailer. IS there any straps on the rear? Or front only?
his rear straps are thru the rims

I've got a kendon 2 bike trailer. But I have'nt had a chance to use it yet. I also stores standing up and has a full diamond plate floor. you can research it at null

(hayadooin @ May 10 2007,00:52) I've got a kendon 2 bike trailer. But I have'nt had a chance to use it yet. I also stores standing up and has a full diamond plate floor. you can research it at null
My local dealer selling Kendons, Looks very nice, quality piece for sure. For the price of $2K.
smile.gif
I`m looking for something cheaper (unfortunatelly)
sad.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 10 2007,00:00)
(hayadooin @ May 10 2007,00:52) I've got a kendon 2 bike trailer. But I have'nt had a chance to use it yet. I also stores standing up and has a full diamond plate floor. you can research it at  null
My local dealer selling Kendons, Looks very nice, quality piece for sure. For the price of $2K.
smile.gif
I`m looking for something cheaper (unfortunatelly)
sad.gif
The other thing about Kendons is that they require a Class 3 hitch. Won't work with cars.

(badassbusa03 @ May 09 2007,23:18)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 10 2007,01:47)
(Charlesbusa @ May 09 2007,23:39) Last one, 2 years ago on the way to Laguna Seca  
biggrin.gif
That is a cool picture. I love it. Hauling 3 bikes means no games. Love the trailer. IS there any straps on the rear? Or front only?
his rear straps are thru the rims
The front straps hold the bike in place.

The rear strap only keeps the rear tire from hopping out of the rail. Its not really needed otherwise.

The MS-1 is $1495. I also got the spare wheel/tire $65 and the spare tire bracket $39.

If you want something cheaper, you're going to give up some quality or it'll be used.

(badassbusa03 @ May 09 2007,23:35) i have an ezhaul trailer open and will fit 2 busas. they make a single bike too

only thing i hated, was the fact that when it was raining, my baby was getting wet, and all that rain and water was going straight into the air intake tubes. i need to work on some sort of stopper for the air intakes for when hauling.

other than that, i like my open trailer, but liked my enclosed better.
SHOCKED.gif

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg
I love badass's trailer...
bowdown.gif

I have an enclosed - tow it w/ my Lexus - 2000# capacity - trailer=1000# / 2 bikes= 1000#

The nice thing about open is you can get 3 bikes on if necessary - handle bars hang over edge.

I used to use open trailers. Done 4 daytona trips at high speeds. (2 and 3 bikes) without problems. Pro:just about any car will pull it, and get OK milage. Con: no protection, and a bike 'could' fall off. This shouldn't really be a concern though if you tie them down well. But we almost lost a bike once, one of our straps got cut due to routing through wheels. (had to for space,w/3 bikes)

I now have an enclosed 6x10 and love it! Gas milage sucks, but a good ole' V8 car pulls it fine. I now have a truck to pull it which is a lot better than a car power wise. I used to get 12 with the Grand Marquis, and my van gets 11. So, I figure I didn't really lose out buy going with the big van. (1 ton clubwagon) Its a big plus having the 'garage on wheels' at the destination.

Cliffs: enclosed preferred, but open works just as well.

Back