Open Trailer

Vic_E55_2001

Donating Member
Registered
I`d ride everywhere instead of hauling the bike on the trailer.
Problem is that my GF can not seat for more then couple of hundreds miles at the time. I got corbin seat for her with backrest and still she would prefer hauling the bike to wherever we traveling.
I was watching those awesome trailer few of you guys have here, one problem tho... My car only have class 1 (2000 lb 200Lb tongue weight) hitch . so only light trailer can be towed with it. I`m so not buying a Truck or SUV.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Even better with pictures.

Just hauled Busa's to Bash on open trailer. It's not as protected as an enclosed trailer of course, but it workz. Trailering saves that rear tire for the twisties too brother.
super.gif

i use a small converted boat trailer when using my car. youll love the extra tongue length when backing up. just get you one of those geza gear covers. http://www.gezagear.com/

I have a small one. It hauls the bike great! I started to use it all the time saves wear and tear on my truck bed. The only downfall is backing up.
beerchug.gif

For under $300, I bought a folding one from Harbor Freight. When fully folded it takes up about 5' X 5' X 2'.

You have to put it together, and put some plywood or diamond plate on it, but it's cheap, and I was surprised at how well it tracks. Absolutely NO problems putting the Busa on it (took it to a track day).

You didn't mention a budget, but there are some nice ones for $1200 that fold, and are really sweet. There's also a novel Trailer in a Bag. It can be put together in 20 minutes, and stores in a bag about the size of a Navy bag.

Let us know what you decide...

i have an ezhaul trailer open and will fit 2 busas. they make a single bike too

only thing i hated, was the fact that when it was raining, my baby was getting wet, and all that rain and water was going straight into the air intake tubes. i need to work on some sort of stopper for the air intakes for when hauling.

other than that, i like my open trailer, but liked my enclosed better.
SHOCKED.gif

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

are those tiny wheels good enough? I think they 8" . How stable it is in turns? I have no clue how to strap the bike on flatbed trailer.

badassbusa03
You trailer looks badass for sure.
smile.gif

Looking on those pictures I`d say tongue weight would be about 700-900 LB, unacceptable for my application.
sad.gif

(Juggler @ May 09 2007,18:04) For under $300, I bought a folding one from Harbor Freight. When fully folded it takes up about 5' X 5' X 2'.

You have to put it together, and put some plywood or diamond plate on it, but it's cheap, and I was surprised at how well it tracks. Absolutely NO problems putting the Busa on it (took it to a track day).

You didn't mention a budget, but there are some nice ones for $1200 that fold, and are really sweet. There's also a novel Trailer in a Bag. It can be put together in 20 minutes, and stores in a bag about the size of a Navy bag.

Let us know what you decide...
I was looking on those Harbor freight small trailers.

Can you fold it with plywood attached?

Vic click the EZHAUL link ini my first post. i think it gives all that info for the single bike

Standard Features
MT-1
Dexter Torflex axle w/ E-Z lube hubs 2,000 lbs
Deck Size 60" x 120"
Deck: Aluminum std
Slide in Ramp 42"W x 48"L
Tires & Wheels: Aluminum Mod ST 205/75D14C
Diamond Tread Alum Stone Guard std
Diamond Tread Alum Fender supports std
Diamond Tread Alum Fenders w/ L.E.D Lights std
Coupler Size 2"
All Lighting is L.E.D std
Swivel tongue jack std
GVWR 2,000 lbs
Payload capacity 1,410 lbs
Trailer Weight 590 lbs
Heavy Duty D-Ring Tie Downs 4
Stainless Steel Wheel Chock ( Removable ) 1

I have a small open trailer that I haul everywhere. I have been hundreds, possibly thousands of miles with a 5X10.

Heck, even the small trailers from Home Depot or Lowes would do the trick for ya and even save you a few bucks.
I used one for several years till I started racing on a regular basis.

I bought a 5 x 10 open trailer and put two Condor chocks on it and haven't looked back. Paid $805 out the door for it brand new. Enclosed would be nice but I'd rather put the extra $1k somewhere else

I bought this one;
http://www.motorsporttrailers.com/

The front wheel stop is adjustable to keep the tongue weight down, which is the MOST important thing for a Class 1 hitch.

It can also be stored standing up on dolly wheels, takes up very little space in the garage.

It is also easy to load/unload with the tetter-totter rails.

qp.jpg

(Charlesbusa @ May 09 2007,23:39) Last one, 2 years ago on the way to Laguna Seca
biggrin.gif
That is a cool picture. I love it. Hauling 3 bikes means no games. Love the trailer. IS there any straps on the rear? Or front only?

Back