Track Day (pics)

Looking Good Steve! :thumbsup:

Slowly i am coming to the "trackside"...Guess there will be a day in my future.

59 degrees at the start front and rear, 70's front after and 88-91 after.

Tire pressure - I started up in the 30's and the back end was kicking out.
dropped to about 27 on the front and heated up to 31, rear 28 went up to 32. On the low side but the tires were hooking up well. Rear will still kick out if you hammer it hard coming out of some curves. Nothing too serious.

I had to take it easy for at least the first 3 laps, then the tires heated up enough to hit the corners harder. I just checked the temp on the tireguard monitor and knew they were up to operating temp. I will actively shop for tire warmers this winter. I wasted track time heating up the tires. The guys with the warmers got after it right away. Anyone who has not gone to a track.... should.... you will not be disappointed and probably get hooked :laugh:
Most fun you can have wearing cloths :rofl:

Ride NAKED Steve, double the pleasure! :thumbsup:

You may have been a little low on pressure? The main thing is, it was working well for you.

A fun track day simply leaves a grin on ones face for days to come and makes you have dreams of a new track day coming! :beerchug:

Glad you guys had a good day out there Bro!!!

On a cool day like that...about 29psi front and rear is a good place to start :beerchug:

DAYUM talk about a lean angle...I just don't have the cajones to try that (yet) but very inspirational that it would hold!:bowdown::bowdown:

DAYUM talk about a lean angle...I just don't have the cajones to try that (yet) but very inspirational that it would hold!:bowdown::bowdown:

Just push it up with your knee if it goes a little more than your comfortable with.

:laugh:

DAYUM UNCLE STEVE! That's some Lean angle you got going on there! Looking awesome man! :beerchug:

Steve...I didn't see a trailer or bike stand....did you guys ride to the track and do all the set up there? Looking to do a Track day myself this spring...and I don't have a trailer so looking to see how other non trailer people do it.
Also....I see you taping up the "State Tropper" Busa.....what's the story on that...track pictures?

Steve...I didn't see a trailer or bike stand....did you guys ride to the track and do all the set up there? Looking to do a Track day myself this spring...and I don't have a trailer so looking to see how other non trailer people do it.
Also....I see you taping up the "State Tropper" Busa.....what's the story on that...track pictures?

I trailer to the track. Riding to the track is not very practical for an all day event.
Not saying you could not, it just may land up a big headache. If you have a get off or a mechanical problem, your on foot.

I trailer to the track. Riding to the track is not very practical for an all day event.
Not saying you could not, it just may land up a big headache. If you have a get off or a mechanical problem, your on foot.

Not to mention, it's kinda hard to carry spare tools, EZ UP, gas cans, food, paddock transportation, spare parts, on the back of a Busa and yer backpack. :rofl:

Back