Track Day (pics)

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Macon, Ward and Summer made it to Hallett. Unfortunately Beth could not get her bike ready in time to ride. She was very gracious, took geat pics and made lunch for everyone. Thank you Beth. I only have the pics she took of me. Maybe she will post up some others. Shane tore up the race group (no surprise)
The weather was not the best but the rain held off, but it was cool (55 degrees) and at times we had a list mist roll through. All in all it was a great day. How can it not be when your doing a track day? :thumbsup:
Tire pic of the Bridgestone 016, it was brand new in the morning.

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

DSC_2263edit_4x6.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

DSC_2308edit_4x6.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good.
:thumbsup:

What was your top speed? Do you have any supension mods on that heavy track bike or just stock?

You are looking good there Steve! :thumbsup:

Looks like your BTO16 was working well. What was your cold pressure on that chilly 55 degree day?

Great pics Steve, I'm so glad you guys had a good time. High here today was 46 degrees! Doyle (the one in Reno!)

Wow!! :cheerleader: Looking good Steve...

What Beth can cook too.. :poke: She's a keeper Sonny.. :thumbsup:

Sweet! Looking good, bro! I'm glad you guys had a(nother) GREAT track-day experience.

:beerchug:

Steve you know you gave those 16's a work out with the balling of rubber on the edges!! Wardie

You are looking good there Steve! :thumbsup:

Looks like your BTO16 was working well. What was your cold pressure on that chilly 55 degree day?

59 degrees at the start front and rear, 70's front after and 88-91 after.

Tire pressure - I started up in the 30's and the back end was kicking out.
dropped to about 27 on the front and heated up to 31, rear 28 went up to 32. On the low side but the tires were hooking up well. Rear will still kick out if you hammer it hard coming out of some curves. Nothing too serious.

I had to take it easy for at least the first 3 laps, then the tires heated up enough to hit the corners harder. I just checked the temp on the tireguard monitor and knew they were up to operating temp. I will actively shop for tire warmers this winter. I wasted track time heating up the tires. The guys with the warmers got after it right away. Anyone who has not gone to a track.... should.... you will not be disappointed and probably get hooked :laugh:
Most fun you can have wearing cloths :rofl:

Last edited:
Looking good.
:thumbsup:

What was your top speed? Do you have any supension mods on that heavy track bike or just stock?

I have no idea what top speed was.... I don't look at the speedo, I'm to busy looking down range. I will take a radar gun to the track next time and let you know. Grip it and rip it... as Don would say. RIP
Stock suspension.

Great pictures!:thumbsup:
I'll be at Hallet in the spring. Saving $$ now to cover expenses then.
Maybe I'll see you there..

Tom

Great pictures!:thumbsup:
I'll be at Hallet in the spring. Saving $$ now to cover expenses then.
Maybe I'll see you there..

Tom

Great, check their web site, if we get a warm front next month, they may have one more track day.

Back