Toss The Smack Shack Poll

Toss The Smack Shack Poll - It's time to stick a fork in it.

• All in favor of deleting the "Smack Shack"

Votes: 103 100.0%
  • All in favor of keeping the "Smack Shack"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
copied from a previous post of mine

When I first joined H.Org I was amazed at the plentitude of info and helpfulness of the members. Seriously blown away. Now theres more people than ever joining and posting yet the content is not what it used to be We are certainly rafting.

My first and only suggestion to this forum.. Please can the smack shack. All it does is opens a door for retards to come in a stir sh!t up. It really brings the worst out of people. Comments about people and their family, false facts and disrespect just drive the usefulness right out of this site.

Now people are just starting to leave this site. We all know there are other sites for smack talk. This site however has been very helpful and useful to many. It just seems like an ugly begining to something bad.

Lose it....we had intelligent debate before the shack....I've yet to read anything intelligent in the "shack"....

Lose it.

I never really participated in it, because I didn't like the idea of where the discussions would end up. I purposefully stayed away from the other Hayabusa sites because I didn't feel like fighting through the trash talk to find useful information.

Been away from the board for a few months, but I think a little competetive hazing is all in fun. Comments about family members and personal insults is something different and those members I am sure have been warned.

i voted to keep it and i dont even post in it much but it is a smack forum i dont know what part is so hard to understand about that if you get your feelings hurt easy stay out its not for you . if you cant swim dont go into the pool its amazing so many against it but for a forum thats hated it sure has alot of posts but it dont matter as i was told im just a member not a mod so my opion doesnt matter so being this poll wasnt started by a mod it dont matter either

i voted to keep it and i dont even post in it much but it is a smack forum i dont know what part is so hard to understand about that if you get your feelings hurt easy stay out its not for you . if you cant swim dont go into the pool its amazing so many against it but for a forum thats hated it sure has alot of posts but it dont matter as i was told im just a member not a mod so my opion doesnt matter so being this poll wasnt started by a mod it dont matter either
Hemroid -

In my opinion (for what it is worth) while there might be allot of posts, I think it is mainly from the same small group of people. So I don't think it us being used by the majority of the members.

My main problem I have with the smack shack is fall out and what would be considered collateral damage.

Things being said in the Smack Shack, like it or not are causing serious hard feelings at times, P12 was naturally getting upset which caused him to respond which caused other people to get upset.

The problem with this, is when people are truly getting upset with each other, it is not going to be contained in just the Smack Shack forum, it will eventually spill out onto the rest of the board in one form or another which I cannot see as being good over all, I can only see it causing problems over all in the long run.

And even though the general consensus so far is the majority wants the smack shack gone, doesn’t mean it will happen.

I haven’t heard anything from Cache or Captain on this. I am assuming they are aware of what is going on, but who knows.

I will give this poll about a week or so, then I will send Cache an email making him aware of it. Cache and Captain have the final say, and regardless of my feelings I of course will abide by their decision.

And as far as this poll not mattering? yes it wasn't started by a mod, but I am a mod and I approve of it. so shall it be written so it shall be done !!!

Take the helm #1 !!

Oh wait.. flash backs sorry.

And Hemroid. for someone who talks about smack talk not being anything serious, you are apparently upset by my comments towards. you.. relax sir.. no harm intended. wasnt trying to minimize your input. just trying to control the flow and direction of something I was trying to accomplish, which is get this board back on track.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings..if I did I apologize

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133192757 -->

I did not use it so maybe I should not comment. But you guys know me, gotta say something. It seemed to always be about bashing a Busa by a ZX12R or the other way around. Most of it seemed to be in good humor but some of it just kept going on and on until it got out of hand. Did not notice much more there, good or bad. As much as I believe in everyones personal freedom, I don't think the board will be any worse off without it. It was Ok before that forum was started and will be Ok if it goes away.

David

I don't post there much mostly because it's testosterone-laden tough talk... laugh.gif

But, I always took that forum as a kind of &quot;supposed to be fun/funny/friendly&quot; jabbing at fellow riders...if it's getting to the point of being hateful (I've missed the controversy, but it's clear members are being harassed), then perhaps it's time to pull the plug on it OR make the rules very clear...

Not my decision to make...keep the opinions going so the powers that be can decide what to do...

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT IS POSTED THERE, DON'T GO THERE!</span>

jeez, not hard to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back