Today was Wacky Wednesday

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
You ever have one of those days when you realize you shoulda left your bike in the garage?

Today is one of those days. Besides it being hot and humid and weather coming in:

- Felt like Muhammed Ali, shuckin' and jiven' trying to dodge a full-face strike of these huge cicadas (my neck hurts); no direct hit but go splattered big time on my shoulder (glad I had leathers on it would have left a mark)...

- Every fool in town driving slow in the left lane, then when they clear traffic, finally start to pull in to the right lane WHILE/AFTER hitting their turn signals (this is usually when you've had enough and decide to pass on the right)...

- been pulled out on at least twice.

- followed a guy for two miles in the right lane with his left signal on, following a guy in the left lane with his RIGHT signal on....

- Following some old fart doing 30 in a 45 with no chance to pass, just trying to go fast enough to get a little breeze in my jacket...

I'm not going riding after work, i'm going straight home and PARK IT...:banghead:

Oh, yeah, and some very turbulent winds.....could mean for a rough night...but hopefully not as bad as St. Louis our location there is reporting baseball size hail....

LOL! yep been there and done that! At least there were no major incidents and you made it home to tell us.
Ya gotta take the good with the bad and move on. Hey, if it's a nice night, you might redeem some of the BS from today by going out!:thumbsup:
Get you some!

Actually, the ride home was one of my better rides home. For some reason, got a break in the backroads traffic and had a little 'fun'.

shoulda had my ride home in the dark while the storm and lightning going off...back tire breaking traction periodicly as i would hit the "grooves" of water in the road. fun fun fun

Had one of those rides yesterday a guy was going so fast I thought he was going to pull out of a side turning he just hit his brakes at the last moment but I still swerved instinctively, back tyre lost traction on me twice made my heart skip a beat, woman stopped to back into a parking space then changed her mind and just pulled out in front of me, and on the way home down some country roads a van tailgated me until he turned off. One good thing my satnav saved me on four occasions from speed cameras.:whistle:

Yup i know how you feel,i had something similar like that happen to me,riding on 9w s.at 50mph (posted 40) single lane when a car passes me in my lane ,my lane and believe me cops are in the bushes just waiting,well that got me going,i blew past this couple and caught them at the next light,he was speeding up trying to make the light but stopped,i got a little crazy on them,(yelling and signaling)then took off.Ya know 1 mile ahead i rethought the incedent and felt bad about my reaction ,well sort of,i could tell that i scared the you know what out of that couple.Its the begining of the season ,i gotta grow thicker skin for this sport or die trying.

Back