Nearly a downed busa

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
i was goin east on 38th st. in the left lane and put on my turn signal to get into the right lane, i look in my mirror to see if anyone's over there and there's nobody so i get ready to move over and look ahead to see if anyone has just come into my lane from a side street on the left or what have you and there's nobody so i start mergin over and right when i merge over i look in my mirro and there's nothin but headlights CLOSE. So i immediately attempt to get back over but its too late and the nose of my bike strikes his left rear door and part of the rear quarter panel, busts my throttle side front turn signal and a bunch of deep scuffs and plastic burns in the throttle side faring. Also the tree seems a bit tweaked since when i'm goin straight down the road the tree seems a bit turned to my right. Just glad to be walkin and not layin on a gurney somewhere

Glad you are okay...
smile.gif

yeah but now i'm pissed cause i gotta get my #### fixed, doesn't even have 1400 miles on it yet.

Glad you're OK.

Mirrors, especially bike mirrors, have serious blind spots. I always give a quick turn of my head to get a visual confirmation before changing lanes, turning, etc.
cool.gif

Man that was close! It's great to hear you didn't go down... and at least you hit him and not the other way around!

i'm thinkin that's what it was, blind spot in the mirror but I did give a lil tweak of the helmet and still didn't see anyone. Should I still report it to his insurance, I mean are they gonna give me balls?

i'm thinkin that's what it was, blind spot in the mirror but I did give a lil tweak of the helmet and still didn't see anyone. Should I still report it to his insurance, I mean are they gonna give me balls?
Glad you are OK and that the bike still rides. Now, of all the mods we do to our bikes, one that improves our mirrors effectiveness could be one of the most important ones.

Now, regarding the insurance, did you file a police accident report? If so, who was at fault? If you were at fault, your insurance should respond. If the other way around, then you can get his involved.

jd

well it really isn't TOO damaged honestly, just the turn signal lense(turn signal still works), only thing is i gotta go to the dealer tomorrow n see if the guys at the shop think the tree is tweaked, if its not and its just me then fine i'll just buff out the scratches n deal with the couple small plastic burns around the signal. Otherwise it'll be big balls with the insurance, so it all hangs on the "tree" I guess ya could say. I think we were both a bit at fault but i did have my signal on

are gixxer 1000 mirrors longer? If so i'ma get a set, if not, who makes mirror riser plates?

Back