To upgrade or not??

@rubbersidedown I think u just been called out.... time to strap that gopro on and make us a video, well of course after that quick trip to Mexico to shoot it :laugh: :laugh:

:p It's not my riding, it's the roads where Rubb and I live.... besides the main highway, I can only think of one other road here that has a dead straight stretch that lasts longer than a few meters with no traffic lights, etc and it's a favourite of local tax collectors, er, law enforcement. Because a kilometer long straight stretch of road with excellent sight lines in the middle of a rural area needs a 50kpm limit and heavy speed enforcement.... :rolleyes:

Many of our roads are like roller coasters at speed (thinking Prospect Lake Road, eh Rubb?) and my fastest machine down them is my 16hp VanVan200... I get air over some of the rises on Prospect Lake because I can carry a lot of momentum on such a lightweight bike! I'd be much slower on the Phat Bus.

As fun as these roads sound, I do really miss the wide open spaces of Ontario.... a place where you can shift into second gear and beyond. A place where a Turbo'Busa can shine. Sure we have twisty curvy roads but they're few in number and typically busy. When there is only one road going anywhere, everyone tends to be on it.

Last edited:
For what it is worth I had several talks with Frank the the Boss at Power House in NYC. If I was undecided about what to do with the new to you Busa I would give him a call
I was going to do an ECU flash that he recommended. It sounded just the ticket and was cheap Let him know you are a member here for the best price. You ship him your ecu and a few days later hie ships it back to you. To my limited knowledge I have not heard any serious complaints about his service.
although I do see he is no longer a sponser here.
I do not know what that is about
Perhaps someone else can fill in any details you should know about before you take my advice

For what it is worth I had several talks with Frank the the Boss at Power House in NYC. If I was undecided about what to do with the new to you Busa I would give him a call
I was going to do an ECU flash that he recommended. It sounded just the ticket and was cheap Let him know you are a member here for the best price. You ship him your ecu and a few days later hie ships it back to you. To my limited knowledge I have not heard any serious complaints about his service.
Perhaps someone else can fill in any details you should know about before you take my advice
Him and his shop no longer sponsor this forum.....

There was some bad blood over the turbo bking that Bryan just finally delivered to the owner. Now I definitely don't agree with how that seemed to be handled i can say as a mechanic there are times that we miss things or that machines run fine on our bench and not with the customer but as ive only seen what's been made public i can only go off that and i feel people where correct for calling him on rushing thru and not making that job right. Now with that being said i have in messages still recommended him for flashing to other members as mine was done well and quickly and thre conversations ive had with him he seemed to be a good guy which made that whole situation worse to understand since ther owner was obviously not in a rush to get the bike back as it's been sitting with boosted for quite some time to finally become what it should be.

Figured an update was in order since I'm FINALLY doing something with this 'Busa...

... it'll be two years next month that I bought the bike back and I still have yet to lay eyes on it, but thankfully that's about to change. I'd been holding on to the whole "fly out, ride home" thing but I've now thrown the towel in on that idea... shipping is booked and the bike will be en route to the west coast perhaps as soon as next week. Or the next. But no later. Regardless, before the two year mark hits, the bike should be safe in its new home... mine. Who knew the world was about to seriously stick its head in its arse when other Dave and I did the original deal in June 2020??? Lesson learned... don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today...

Speaking of other Dave, he hasn't been on here since not long after buying the Gen2 as he was 'convinced' to sell it by his wife. Too fast, too scary, apparently. Weird since she wasn't the one riding it... but I digress. Last I spoke to him, he was bike-less. Let that be a lesson to you single guys... shop around before you throw a ring on some random finger. :poke:If you're lurking here still Dave, I'm just bustin' your balls. :p

Anywho......

Once the Phat Bus lands, I'll post its arrival. Stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Figured an update was in order since I'm FINALLY doing something with this 'Busa...

... it'll be two years next month that I bought the bike back and I still have yet to lay eyes on it, but thankfully that's about to change. I'd been holding on to the whole "fly out, ride home" thing but I've now thrown the towel in on that idea... shipping is booked and the bike will be en route to the west coast perhaps as soon as next week. Or the next. But no later. Regardless, before the two year mark hits, the bike should be safe in its new home... mine. Who knew the world was about to seriously stick its head in its arse when other Dave and I did the original deal in June 2020??? Lesson learned... don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today...

Speaking of other Dave, he hasn't been on here since not long after buying the Gen2 as he was 'convinced' to sell it by his wife. Too fast, too scary, apparently. Weird since she wasn't the one riding it... but I digress. Last I spoke to him, he was bike-less. Let that be a lesson to you single guys... shop around before you throw a ring on some random finger. :poke:If you're lurking here still Dave, I'm just bustin' your balls. :p

Anywho......

Once the Phat Bus lands, I'll post its arrival. Stay tuned. :thumbsup:
Glad your finally bringing it home. And I find that whole wife convincing to sell a bike is way too common. Mine is real upset with me over selling my intruder 1400 since she says she is not comfortable in the busa no matter what I do to it but she knows that I love my bike life and I won't give it up. Not saying I'd get rid of her over the bike but I am saying the bike isn't going anywhere unless it's by my choice.

I've always had a bike and brought 4 into our marriage so not much the wife can say...

I taught our boys how to ride and they had dirtbikes then streetbikes...(although only one rides still).

When I was on the hunt for a Hayabusa, she'd point out ones she saw on the buy and sell forum she's part of...she'd go with me when I looked at them and eventually pointed out the bike I have today...

I had up to 6 bikes at one time and although she'd ask me what I plan on doing with all the bikes, she never suggested I get rid of them and I believe was a little cranky when I finally did.

She even thought about getting one of her own but she's scary enough on 4 wheels...

I've always had a bike and brought 4 into our marriage so not much the wife can say...

I taught our boys how to ride and they had dirtbikes then streetbikes...(although only one rides still).

When I was on the hunt for a Hayabusa, she'd point out ones she saw on the buy and sell forum she's part of...she'd go with me when I looked at them and eventually pointed out the bike I have today...

I had up to 6 bikes at one time and although she'd ask me what I plan on doing with all the bikes, she never suggested I get rid of them and I believe was a little cranky when I finally did.

She even thought about getting one of her own but she's scary enough on 4 wheels...
At what age would you say is suitable to get kids into riding? I have an 8 month old boy and plan to get him a bike down the road.

At what age would you say is suitable to get kids into riding? I have an 8 month old boy and plan to get him a bike down the road.
I had my lads on a PW50 at 4...the neighbor has his 3 yr old on a 4 wheeler (and the kid is awesome on it).

It's never too early to pick up a little 4 wheeler...that's what I'd start them on..it gives them the fundamentals which will transfer to a 2 wheeler down the road.

It will depend on your little one and what they are comfortable with though.

Last edited:

I didn't have a chance to ride a real dirtbike until I was 12(but I would have from my earliest memory if I could have).
My friend's son could crawl on to his PowerWheels 4wheeler and ride at 6 months old...before he could walk.
He's a natural rider, and has been using a hand clutch on a dirtbike for a few years now.
He's 11, and his Dad is about to sell his CRF100(110?) and get him a CR80(he already rides a 660 Raptor like he stole it).
My daughter? She's a month younger.
Both are good kids, very smart, well behaved, A students...and my kid has no interest or concept of riding, or especially steering or driving.
I bought her a PowerWheels 4wheeler before she was a year old.
I gave it away with a dead battery when she was 5...it might have had 100 yards of ride distance on it.
I was disappointed, but their interests are their choice.
I don't think it's ever too early to start or encourage them to ride...but it'll be up to them if they take to it or not.
Good luck.

I don't think it's ever too early to start or encourage them to ride...but it'll be up to them if they take to it or not.
I agree with you that it will be up to them if they take up the hobby or not. I want to be able to give him the opportunity of at least trying it out. I never got to ride a dirtbike when I was younger and didn't get my first bike until I was 23 because of financial reasons. But now I'm able to enjoy more things in life, I definitely want to see if he likes it.

Update: Bike has been picked up and is en route! No ETA yet but I was given a two week window for the trip across the country.

Guess it's time to collect parts!

Have a pair of tires on order, and am set up for the oil/filter/fluid changes... also have a set of stock hand grips on hand (excuse the pun) to bin the homoerotic chromed flaming cruiser-style grips that replaced the Oxford heated grips that were on the bike when I sold it... guessing the Oxfords gave up the ghost when the owner at the time was in Sturgis? Why else would a 'Busa get chromed flaming hand grips besides out of necessity???

Seems the GiPRO ATRE (w/gear indicator) was removed at some point... anyone have one collecting dust in their parts stash? Prefer blue but beggars can't be choosers! Also need another double-bubble screen since it went MIA too but IIRC my local Suzuki shop has a Gen1 Zero Gravity in stock that was erroneously ordered in for a Gen2. Time to make a call!

Exciting times!

Busa has landed!

1E4E483B-AC32-471C-8AC9-6A46E14AE2ED.jpeg

Well, it landed last Sunday but won't be in my hands until this Saturday... long story involving a dealer-friend getting it transported using his guy at his discounted rate, and as a pay-back I arranged for his shop to mount new tires, do a fluid change and install a fresh battery. Of course that was before I accepted a job back at the local Suzuki store which I started on Tuesday... so while a tech at my friend's shop was working on my Busa, I was doing a first service on this one! Strange the way things go sometimes.

tempImagezLTujo.png

Anyway, two more sleeps and my Gen1 will be home. Long time coming!

Back