To upgrade or not??

So after a bit of great communication with @hayabuser, he now owns (again) the 2005 hayabusa which will be delivered on Saturday to Ottawa, and the (new to me) 2012 will be dropped off here on Thursday. I’m glad this happened and it’s great to see the 05 go on a long journey and get back to Dave again. When mine gets dropped off Thursday I’ll have about 10 seconds to snap a pic of them together before I get his loaded up. Now I need some advice on a new exhaust for the 12, slip ons? Full exhaust? with Dyno and Power Commander and tune? I know Scott Cartier at Hindle, and keep things local when I can, so Hindle is likely where I’ll go.

Turbo or dont buy the bike

So after a bit of great communication with @hayabuser, he now owns (again) the 2005 hayabusa which will be delivered on Saturday to Ottawa, and the (new to me) 2012 will be dropped off here on Thursday. I’m glad this happened and it’s great to see the 05 go on a long journey and get back to Dave again. When mine gets dropped off Thursday I’ll have about 10 seconds to snap a pic of them together before I get his loaded up. Now I need some advice on a new exhaust for the 12, slip ons? Full exhaust? with Dyno and Power Commander and tune? I know Scott Cartier at Hindle, and keep things local when I can, so Hindle is likely where I’ll go.

Full exhaust is the way to go if you can swing it....the weight savings alone is worth the pain.

...and getting ride of the cats will reduce the under fairing heat...

Full exhaust is the way to go if you can swing it....the weight savings alone is worth the pain.

...and getting ride of the cats will reduce the under fairing heat...
I was thinking full system, but then do I have to go with a PC and dyno?

Cat's out of the bag then, cool. I'm not great at this Ninja thing.... skulking around, keeping everything hush-hush, wearing green... :D

My bike is heading to Ottawa for storage at a friend's garage until I can figure out where my life's going. I may just bring it out here to the coast regardless of any upcoming moves just to have it on hand. Been since 2012 since I've laid eyes on her... looking forward to some alone-time in the shop with her. And out on the road.

I'll start my own thread as things progress, I've clogged DaveM's up enough.

Congrats on the '12, Dave! Can't wait for the pics! :thumbsup:

I was thinking full system, but then do I have to go with a PC and dyno?
To get the most out of it yes but u can ride just swapping it. My yoshi alpha even took the OEM o2 sensor which made me feel a little better about not getting the tune right away.

Yep, just like Dopey said....you could reflash the ECU and not worry about a PC..I'd see what Rob has to say as he's the expert.

My bike ran fine without anything with a full Yosh. I didn't have the Bazzaz system on it for the first couple months I got it as I bought it at a dealership and they didn't have the Bazzaz unit-the previous owner kept it. I got hold of him and got the Bazzaz system along with the O2 eliminator, quick shifter put it on it afterwards.

The bike was dyno tuned with the Bazzaz system though.

Cat's out of the bag then, cool. I'm not great at this Ninja thing.... skulking around, keeping everything hush-hush, wearing green... :D

My bike is heading to Ottawa for storage at a friend's garage until I can figure out where my life's going. I may just bring it out here to the coast regardless of any upcoming moves just to have it on hand. Been since 2012 since I've laid eyes on her... looking forward to some alone-time in the shop with her. And out on the road.

I'll start my own thread as things progress, I've clogged DaveM's up enough.

Congrats on the '12, Dave! Can't wait for the pics! :thumbsup:

What some might see as weird,others may find that sort of "thing" perfectly normal.

Rubb.

Congrats on the new ride and is awesome to see the 2005 go back to “the other Dave”. Lol!
I tried just slip-ons, then slip-ons With dual exit Vance and Hines headers and lastly a full yoshi r77 with a PCV and a tune. I’m in Florida, so the heat from the catalytic was killing me. I have a brock’s dual titanium system for sale in the classifieds and comes with a PCV, if you’d like to take a look at it.

Will there be dancing gurlz at the "Welcome Home" party? :thumbsup:
The bike has barely been molested at all since out of your care.Reflectors,mudflap,etc still intact.:laugh:
I sense some up-coming street races with you losing me in the turns and me attempting to make up time in the straights.
Fun times ahead.
Rubb.

Which is one of the many reasons that I wanted it back. Saves me from having to hit ebay to replace the missing reflectors, mudflap, etc. :thumbsup:

Will there be dancing gurlz at the "Welcome Home" party? :thumbsup:
The bike has barely been molested at all since out of your care.Reflectors,mudflap,etc still intact.:laugh:
I sense some up-coming street races with you losing me in the turns and me attempting to make up time in the straights.
Fun times ahead.
Rubb.

We could do that this afternoon with any of my current bikes. :poke: :lol:

Back