Titanium chains & sprockets

The roller is the only part of the chain that they actually state/claim is made from titanium. To be more specific, the roller is made of an alloy that CONTAINS titanium. They claim that it's a proprietary alloy so they won't divulge specifics other than it contains beryllium, nickel, molybdenum, titanium, and other materials as well. They also have said that they are the manufacturer but when asked some basic questions about the chain they had no answers. I would think if you manufacture a chain you would know if the rollers have lubrication grooves. I would think you would be able to provide shock fatigue strength test results. This kind of information isn't "top secret". What is interesting about the chain is that titanium is not used as a component element in chrome-molly steel which is a common material used in the production of a motorcycle drive chain.
So to elaborate about the chain and my initial response, The bushing is NOT made from a titanium alloy, the inner and/or outer plates are NOT made from a titanium alloy. The only piece of the chain which might (I say might because I have my serious doubts) contain titanium in whatever the alloy's composition is the roller. Does this mean it's a titanium chain, not in my book.

I'm not trying to "hate" or knock on someone’s product with this post. I'm sure it's a nice chain. I can't in clear conscious say it's a titanium chain.

bbkillen - I'll stick with my original statement and still say it's not made from a titanium alloy. I've spoken to Alex as well. Nice guy. Hype is hype and some people can read between the lines. :beerchug: Would you be interested in a bridge I've got for sale?

Last edited:
Just to be sure of things I dug a little deeper...
"Titanium-moly alloy" is not a trade name for any known material. There is also no titanium-moly alloy material. I even tried to find a material made from 94-96%ti with any percentage of copper as you mentioned and nothing exists.

Can you provide me the UNS number or are you basing your information on a two minute phone call with a salesman?

Here's a fact: When Krause Racing (parent company of Sidewinder) imports drive chains from Spain the IRIS company does not list titanium on their declaration of goods in their import documentations or bill of lading.

Here's some hear say just so you have some additional info:

Oh and here's a post about some first hand experience with these products:
Sport-Touring.Net - May not want to buy from Krause Racing's SideWinderSprockets.com.
Sidewinder Sprockets GREAT! : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

but don't think I just looked for one-sided info:
Project CRF 450 - Sidewinder Sprockets - - Dirtbike at Off-Road.com
Aftermarket Sprockets - Sidewinder Titanium Sprocket - Super Streetbike Magazine

btw, :welcome:aboard. I just noticed this was your first post. I hope my response doesn't turn you off from the site. It's a great site with lots of great people. :beerchug:

Back