Titanium Chain?

I just got off the phone with the company rep......he said that the chains were industry standard spacing and will fit any sprocket. I specifically asked about a 300 kit and he said it would fit perfectly.

Skeptical on how high the price is though..........
We have been selling their chains and sprockets for three years...PM what you want and I will see what we can do for you. :beerchug:

now correct me if im wrong. Ti is a very strong material,very light and has about no wear factor or corrosion qualities. But what give TI its strength its a stretching abilities. The more it is forced to stretch the stronger it gets until its breaking point. Yes thats very very high, but still TI is easier to stretch than steel. Ti does have a almost perfect snap back rate and the molocules return to their oringinal shape better than any other metals, but still i have a hard time thinking under that much load if the spring of the metal would be to much. How could this be good for a chain?

I thought Greg at GPW said it was only a marketing term, right. I dont think it is made from Ti. Maybe he can confirm that.

I thought Greg at GPW said it was only a marketing term, right. I dont think it is made from Ti. Maybe he can confirm that.
Correct its not Titanium and its no lighter than any other chain. I too was fooled purchased it thinking I was shaving 6-8lbs...to find out otherwise.

So no one makes an actual Titanium chain? Someone really needs to get on that, or maybe a tungsten carbide, or tungsten ceramic.

You guys have any idea how much Ti is going for now these days? Thanks to the conflict in the middle east the Ti jackshafts and driveshafts we use in our dragsleds have gone up from $280-300 all the way to $800-900 in the last 5 years.

If I am not mistaken a 630 chain will work with 530 sprockets...can someone verify that?

If I am not mistaken a 630 chain will work with 530 sprockets...can someone verify that?

530 has a 5/8" pitch while 630 has a 3/4" pitch so I'd have to say nope.

Chain Size Chart

Chain Size Pitch Inner Width - roller

415 1/2 3/16
420 1/2 1/4
520 5/8 1/4
525 5/8 5/16
530 5/8 3/8
630 3/4 3/8

530 has a 5/8" pitch while 630 has a 3/4" pitch so I'd have to say nope.

Chain Size Chart

Chain Size Pitch Inner Width - roller

415 1/2 3/16
420 1/2 1/4
520 5/8 1/4
525 5/8 5/16
530 5/8 3/8
630 3/4 3/8

Thanks I was not sure...just see they come with much higher tensile strength ratings thanks for the info.

And I'd be very leery of buying a chain from a company that used the word titanium as a "nickname" or "marketing term" when describing their product. ???

I'm using an EK ZVX2 now and it seems to last forever without an adjustment.
I have a new ZZZ for my next one just waiting in the box.
Does anyone really need more than a ZZZ, or better yet has anyone ever broken one of them?
I guess if you have 250+ HP it may not do, but for most of us it is a great chain.

Last edited:
I'm using an EK ZVX2 now and it seems to last forever without an adjustment.
I have a new ZZZ for my next one just waiting in the box.
Does anyone really need more than a ZZZ, or better yet has anyone ever broken one of them?

the ZVX2 is a great chain... :beerchug:

Back