Tires

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
I am tired of the stock Bidgestone's slipping on me and I am in the market for some new rubber. I am thinking of the Pilot HPX's or the Pirelli Super Corsa's I need some help with this. If you have had either one of these tires please help.

I had that same problem!! I've changed to Dunlop 207's. But then I wanted more cornering...went to the 208's and I've been extremely happy ever since. I can only tell you about dunlops cuz that is as far as I made it.

But there are alot of "great" tires out there! Bridgestone just isn't one of them.

I had that same problem!!  I've changed to Dunlop 207's.  But then I wanted more cornering...went to the 208's and I've been extremely happy ever since.  I can only tell you about dunlops cuz that is as far as I made it.  

But there are alot of "great" tires out there!  Bridgestone just isn't one of them.
thanks for the help.

I swapped to the dunlop 208's... love them so far... much quicker turn in... and I'm running at 40pnd of air instead of 36 on the bridgestones

Lots of good choices. For normal street riding and twisties, the 208s and BT-010s should be a wise, economical choice. If you have more to spend, you can go for Rennsports, Metzlers, etc, especially if you do a lot more twisties or track.

Of course, almost as many tires exist as the opinions about them.
tounge.gif

The word over the pond is Avons at the moment - Too much to tell you here but try www.200mph.net for loads of threads on tyres (sorry not tires !!!!).
I run HPX rear and Pilot sport front, great combination and 2500 miles from the rear and about 5000miles from a front. But next change I will be trying Avon Azaros after everything that has been said about them over here. Avons are cheap in UK. My last set of Michelins cost £248 fitted to loose wheels that's 400 dollars.

Michelin has the new " Pilot Road " anyone try em yet?
Suppose to be just about as sticky but better wear... -K

Dunlops wear to quick...And the Bridgestone 010 and 020 were the same...I don't ride the curves or track like most of you so I went back to a set of stock tires...I get a lot of mile out of them...

Dunlops last 6,500 miles for me...  I ride my baby hard.  Thats part of the reason how I blew my engine up...hehehe

My concern is tire life. So far the stock tires on mine are still holding up well at 7k+ a little slippage in the curves but hopefully when i finish reading Keith Codes "A Twist of the wrist" I can resolve that problem.

for you guys having major slippage what kind of tire pressure are you running and how is your suspension setup? Slippage can also be cause by bad throttle control or suspension setup.

Dezzy,

I'm running a bt012ss on front, bt010 on the rear. I'm actually getting better mileage out of the bt010 than I did the stock bt056 and no sliding or slipping. I do a lot of mountain riding too, so I definitely have more faith in these tires than stock and I'm getting better wear as well.

I pretty much always ride with what the manuals recommend pressure is. My Busa came with the BT56 tires (garbage). Every time I had to put faith into those tires they let me down by slipping in hard corners. That would drop me behind those TL1000, Gsx 750, and R1. I was just left so far behind it was hard to catch up on the straight-aways.

But after the upgrade to 207's...I was right there...they give you that sure footing feel. They make you trust your tire isn't going to let you down. And once I bought the 208's, I didn't like them to much at first...every corner felt like I was going to drop her. But the 208's wasn't letting my baby go anywhere. It’s their design...it just makes you want to corner more and more. They want you to corner all the way to the edge of the tire...to this day...not a problem at all with 208's!! Gotta love them!!

Now those Michelin Pilots I'm interested in trying though...their 190's look a lot larger than Dunlop's 190 and they have pretty much the same design as the 208 (being thicker in the middle for better turning).

Has anyone on this board road the 208's and changed to the Pilots? I'm a little scared to try them being I'm happy with the 208's...but if they are better...I might have to give them a try.

Back