best place to buy tires?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinking about putting another set of Mezeler M1s on but am open to others. I have read all the Pilot Pro, HPX and Diablo Corsa reviews, they sound great as well.

Anyone got some suggestions on places/prices to get tires?

Thanks in advance

1888fastlap.com Website is Gone has good tire prices. So does www.tireexpress.com. Never bought from Tire Express but it got good feedback on a local forum I hang out on. I've bought other stuff from 1888fastlap but not tires, yet. That's likely where my next set will come from... SOON. Doesn't look like I'm gonna get 2k outta my stock D218 rear tire after all...
drooling3.gif

And there's always for tires. Got a set of Powers for Train from them. They were the first online store to get Powers in. I've had a couple of good experiences with them.

Another option is CycleGear if there's one local to you. They mount and balance tires for $12 per wheel if you remove the wheels from the bike and bring them in, but only if you buy the tires from them.

Mounting is something else to consider. May be cheaper to buy locally, pay a bit more, and have mounting and balancing done free or cheap. When I got the Powers from kneedraggers I had to drive like 60 miles to get it done for less than $35 per wheel. The shops around where I live wanted to rape me because I didn't buy tires from them. One shop asked $75 per wheel with me taking them off the bike and bringin' them in. I politely told him to go have sex with himself.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108615658 -->

cycle gear is pretty good and you can get a good sale price there . I like diablos or pilots.

cycle gear is good... but unfortunately, they dont ship internationally
sad.gif

I've heard a lot of good reviews about diablo corsa ....

www.parts411.com has extremely competitive prices and also has great customer service. I have used them mulitple times shipping all the over way over here and have never had a problem.

The last set of Michelin Pilot powers I bought were 237 a set. (120 front, 190 rear) Thats not bad considering its the best street tire available to the public IMHO.

Also, I will go ahead and say that I know of no other street tire that wears out faster than a sportec M1 on the Busa. I got like 1200 miles out of my last rear, and thats pretty bad. Just my experiences here...

Yeah, what BusaFever said. I purchased a full set of Metzeler M1's from Parts411 and they definitely have good prices. I paid a little less than $250, which included shipping.

best street tire available to the public IMHO.
actully the diablo is the best steet tire, but ronayers has great prices and only 6 bucks shipping. I actually went to a mom and pop motorcycle shop and talked them down from 260 on a diablo to 170 installed after mentioning the ronayers price. Just ask about price matching

cool, thanks guys. ronayers is sorta local so maybe I can get them do to install them... a litlte afternoon 1.5hr country drive to get there
cool.gif

I really havent tracked how much I have on this one, I just know its on the way out ..... I had a 208 on there before, it was ok. I have the matching M1 front though, so not sure if I should just get another M1 for now and then replace them both later in the season or mix/match....

I think my local dealer has some good rates, might get them to order me one and just have a "hot spare" if I need it in a month or two..... dont want to have to wait if I get a nail/hole/issue like I did last year
rock.gif

actully the diablo is the best steet tire, but ronayers has great prices and only 6 bucks shipping.  I actually went to a mom and pop motorcycle shop and talked them down from 260 on a diablo to 170 installed after mentioning the ronayers price.  Just ask about price matching
And I bet you have never ridden the pilot powers...

Diablos are the same compound as the M1, so they wear out just like the M1; they just have 1MM more tread.

Can't knock em until you tried em!

I'm actually getting a pretty good deal from my local dealer. Question have you ever tried Avon A45/A465? I used ~4 M1 rears and averaged about 3000 miles before requiring replacement. I've recently switched to the Avon and currently have >7,000 miles and counting. I honestly looks like I could get another 2000 miles outta this bad boy. I replaced the front last week also (sportec for avon). They grab like crazy in twisties too, even though classified as more of a sport touring tire. Just a lil info.

I'm actually getting a pretty good deal from my local dealer. Question have you ever tried Avon A45/A465? I used ~4 M1 rears and averaged about 3000 miles before requiring replacement. I've recently switched to the Avon and currently have >7,000 miles and counting. I honestly looks like I could get another 2000 miles outta this bad boy. I replaced the front last week also (sportec for avon). They grab like crazy in twisties too, even though classified as more of a sport touring tire. Just a lil info.
You must ride like Michelle... I don't see me EVER gettin' 7k out of a rear tire...
biggrin.gif

actully the diablo is the best steet tire, but ronayers has great prices and only 6 bucks shipping. I actually went to a mom and pop motorcycle shop and talked them down from 260 on a diablo to 170 installed after mentioning the ronayers price. Just ask about price matching
And I bet you have never ridden the pilot powers...

Diablos are the same compound as the M1, so they wear out just like the M1; they just have 1MM more tread.

Can't knock em until you tried em!
I bet he hasn't rode on the Powers either... I loved the Powers on the busa. Looks like that's what I'm going to end up with on the 10 as well...
wink.gif

Back