best place to buy tires?

so whatcha say here is to try the pilots
wink.gif
so which flavor the HPX or the pro
rock.gif

best street tire available to the public IMHO.
actully the diablo is the best steet tire, but ronayers has great prices and only 6 bucks shipping.  I actually went to a mom and pop motorcycle shop and talked them down from 260 on a diablo to 170 installed after mentioning the ronayers price.  Just ask about price matching
And I bet you have never ridden the pilot powers...

Diablos are the same compound as the M1, so they wear out just like the M1; they just have 1MM more tread.

Can't knock em until you tried em!
I bet he hasn't rode on the Powers either... I loved the Powers on the busa. Looks like that's what I'm going to end up with on the 10 as well...
wink.gif
Thats exactly why I don't knock your 10R. Sure I rib you about the cowasocki but thats different. Hell, if I rode one, I would probably like it just as much as you do seems I have ridden my gsxr750 more than my busa lately.

You just can't compare apples and oranges if you don't know what an apple tastes like. Know what I mean?

wink.gif
rock.gif
Zuk,

The reason I went with the Powers is the profile. In the heat of the summer, I will run Michelin H2's. Those just cannot get to temp on 50 degree days. I like the "V" shaped profile of the H2's and just wanted to give them a spin.

wink.gif
rock.gif
The pilot powers are your ticket!

I've ridden both. The HPXs just don't compare, trust me. Been there, done that.

http://www.parts411.com/acb....ID=4505

In two weeks, you will be putting up a thread raving about how awesome these tires are.
+1... The powers were super schweet on Train. I think you'll be very pleased with them.
beerchug.gif

wink.gif
rock.gif
Zuk,

The reason I went with the Powers is the profile. In the heat of the summer, I will run Michelin H2's. Those just cannot get to temp on 50 degree days. I like the "V" shaped profile of the H2's and just wanted to give them a spin.
Yeah I tried those also. I actually was using the combo of an H2 front and Pilot HPX rear for a season. It worked out pretty well here in okinawa, definately warm enough for the Race tires, and the HPXs held up fairly well. I didnt mind the rear sliding more than normal.

Although, I ended up being dissappointed in the HPXs, I had hoped they would hold out longer than 2000 miles, they didn't. Those things costed some cash back then too.

After I tried this, I went to the M1s, they wore out waaay too fast. Now I got the powers and I cannot complain.
I hope they last a while, will find out soon!

thanks guys, I think I'm gonna shop my local dealer on the pilot powers, they claim to have great deals... just dont answer the dang ole telephone man
sad.gif

funny thing is, the place I bought mine just said they wanted $340 to do the 10k mile service.... called another dealer they said $140 and the valve adjustment wasnt til 16k. ... anyone know if I need to do the valves now?
rock.gif

thanks guys, I think I'm gonna shop my local dealer on the pilot powers, they claim to have great deals... just dont answer the dang ole telephone man
sad.gif

funny thing is, the place I bought mine just said they wanted $340 to do the 10k mile service.... called another dealer they said $140 and the valve adjustment wasnt til 16k. ... anyone know if I need to do the valves now?
rock.gif
Busa service manual says every 15k or 24 months on the tappet clearance inspection...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108678103 -->

Although, I ended up being dissappointed in the HPXs, I had hoped they would hold out longer than 2000 miles, they didn't.  Those things costed some cash back then too.

After I tried this, I went to the M1s, they wore out waaay too fast.  Now I got the powers and I cannot complain.
My HPX's lasted about 1500 miles. the front and rear wore out at the same time. Never had that happen before.

thanks BT, so you think 140 is decent for the 10k inspection including the tappet (valve inspection)
rock.gif

thanks BT, so you think 140 is decent for the 10k inspection including the tappet (valve inspection)
rock.gif
My first service on the 10 was around $100 with no tappet inspection, so $140 probably ain't bad for a service WITH tappet inspection... considering shop labor rates. I just don't trust most dealer shops to actually DO a tappet inspection to be honest. If it comes in runnin' fine I highly doubt they're actually going to go to the trouble. They'll charge you for it, no doubt... I just don't have any faith in dealership service departments.

However, I guess $140 ain't bad if they actually do everything and do it right.
rock.gif

rock.gif

Although, I ended up being dissappointed in the HPXs, I had hoped they would hold out longer than 2000 miles, they didn't.  Those things costed some cash back then too.

After I tried this, I went to the M1s, they wore out waaay too fast.  Now I got the powers and I cannot complain.
My HPX's lasted about 1500 miles. the front and rear wore out at the same time. Never had that happen before.
Sounds like you wear yours out just a tad quicker than I do. Mine lasted 1900 miles. You blast straight line a lot or hit the twisties more? I do both, but more twisties. The middle doesnt wear out first, once mine are shot, the are completely worn out expect for the edges. (except for the M1, the middle wears out waaay too fast IMO) I even took it easy on the street racing straight line, and the middle still wore out. I guess that tire just isnt designed for the weight.
I dont have room for high speed runs, ive only got it up to 270ish, yes that is kph lol. Just no straight aways long enough without traffic anywhere.
Okinawa is only 65 miles long and averages 8 miles wide, but I think it is comparable to the tail of the dragon road everyone raves about. I plan on hitting that when I get back.
So i am guessing that you high speed, accelerate more, or am just blazingly faster than I to wear those tires out that quickly! We should go ride sometime, I bet that would be fun!
-Bill

I've ridden both. The HPXs just don't compare, trust me.  Been there, done that.
Thants good to hear. I have ridden on the HPX's, cant wait to try the PP.
You are gonna like them. They have a much better profile than the HPXs. The turn-in is almost as good as the H2s in my opinion. And not only are they soft, but also a plush tire. You can take them and bend them almost like a pretzel when they are sitting on the rack before you buy them.

Sounds like you wear yours out just a tad quicker than I do.  Mine lasted 1900 miles.  You blast straight line a lot or hit the twisties more?  I do both, but more twisties.  The middle doesnt wear out first, once mine are shot, the are completely worn out expect for the edges.  (except for the M1, the middle wears out waaay too fast IMO)  I even took it easy on the street racing straight line, and the middle still wore out.  I guess that tire just isnt designed for the weight.
I dont have room for high speed runs, ive only got it up to 270ish,  yes that is kph lol.  Just no straight aways long enough without traffic anywhere.
Okinawa is only 65 miles long and averages 8 miles wide, but I think it is comparable to the tail of the dragon road everyone raves about.  I plan on hitting that when I get back.
So i am guessing that you high speed, accelerate more, or am just blazingly faster than I to wear those tires out that quickly!  We should go ride sometime, I bet that would be fun!
-Bill
I actually ride the mountains more that top speed. I live about 70 min or so from Deals Gap(Tail of the Dragon). I can leave work and be on the Blue Ridge Parkway in less that 5 miles.

When I replace a tire it is shot from edge to edge.

When you get back and are gonna be in the area, let me know!

Back