Tires!

from reading and experience, you can't go wrong with:

Michelin Pilot Power
Pirelli Diablo
Metzeler M1
Bridgestone BT014
Avon something or other

The 208's I had two years ago sucked.  Local shop sold tons to local squids since they were good and spinnable.  They spun everytime I twisted the Busa throttle.  Maybe they are better now.  They seem very popular.

I can't recommend RACE tires for street use, but many here seem to like them.  RACE tires require more aggressive warm up and 'heat cycling' to chemically alter their compound than 95% of riders will ever see on the streets.  Street tires are designed for better stick right out of the garage.  They are also designed for rain, potholes, comfort, safety etc
I agree 100%.

Nice bike Brakelate!  
Thanks! The 180 was stock on the 9. Here is a picture of the whole thing. It was a great bike and had beautiful paint. My 12 looks boring compared to it.

EbayK9.jpg

Better yet, why is a Kawi on a Suzi site?
I thought you guys would like a little variety!

The race take offs waiting to go on the 12 next are a matched sef of Metzelers. The rear is a 180.

I'm a little concerned about running a 180, as the 190 has worn all the way over the edges on both sides. Perhaps because it has an odd profile with the 60 series sidewall height. I don't know.

But, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Hearing that someone else has fit one on the same sized wheel with good results helps.

Plus... one more shameless post ##### Kawi picture. What do you expect? It's 3friggin20 in the morning!
war.gif

EbayK6.jpg

I really like my Metzler Sportec M1-P's. I ride on the street and strip and I am very happy with them. They work great on the strip, the only time I ever spin it when the dew settles in and I get out of the groove. But that will happen no matter what tire is on there more than likely.

sad.gif
I don't get to edit my posts anymore?

I had an KAW Ninja 1000 before my Busa an dit was TOTAL speed fun. I bet the 9's were faster being newer and all but mine was modded by previous owner: jets, sprockets, 4into1 it pulled HARD!
biggrin.gif

sad.gif
 I don't get to edit my posts anymore?

I had an KAW Ninja 1000 before my Busa
The 9 had been piped, jetted, adj. ign. adv., K&N, dyno tuned to 140 hp, and was running -1 tooth. Very strong bike, only ran .18 slower in the quarter than my stock 12 thus far.

Just never could cure the low speed stumble and abrupt throttle response.

Damn fine paint. My 12's soft tank is already getting scratched up bad.

mad.gif

I was wondering the same... how do you edit a post anyway?

EbayK22.jpg

I think I've found the answer to the Edit question. Seems you can edit a post if entered by using "Add Reply". If you use "Quick Post" you do not get the option of editing it later.

I appologize, I didn't intend on totally hijacking the tire thread and making it Kawasaki Chat.

To get things back on track, here is a pic of my Metz. Rennsports waiting to go on.... that's the stock 200 Dunlop with them.

Can't get enough photo's right? I'm worse than a Japanese tourist!

Metz.jpg

Back