Tires?

Big D's Busa

Registered
I got a 05 busa any i was just wondering bout tires? I have put many rear tires on this thing it eats them fast which you guys know. I was wondering instead of going with a sticky tire such as the pilot power, wat is your guys thought of the shinko tire? All i really do is tour on this thing never go to the track or take real hard curves. I just want a tire that will last a lil bit longer cause there not cheap. I really like the raven 009 sport touring shinko. Thanks

Big D, the tire debate is an endless one. I have always used 'super sport race' tires and just gotten used to replacing them every 2 rides or about every 2500 miles.

Recently picked up a set of Avon ST46's, and this is what they look like after nearly 3500 miles. Just amazing for me as I've never used a sport-touring tire on the busa before & typically burn them off pretty quickly. Should get at least another 1000 or so miles out of this set.
super.gif

Img_1360_tire.jpg

Just always consider, and I know, as we all do, that tires can get a little expensive, but those little contact patches are your only contact with the road on a motorcycle.

Set of tires; $400

Your life; priceless.

Here's a shot of the same tire pashnit is showing on his ride, I changed these because I got sick of riding on the same tire and wanted to try something different, Storms.
It's has about 9k yes 9000 miles on it, my riding style is casual to light aggressive.

azaro_004.jpg

(mymaster @ Aug. 12 2007,01:42) Here's a shot of the same tire pashnit is showing on his ride, I changed these because I got sick of riding on the same tire and wanted to try something different, Storms.
It's has about 9k yes 9000 miles on it, my riding style is casual to light aggressive.
Wow!
beerchug.gif

I think the Azaro's have been discontinued but if you look/ask around, you might still find a set.

Picture_1127.jpg

Back