Tires

Hi guys, I have a 2009 busa and I was wondering what is the best tire out there and what size would you recommend. I don't go to the track, just a guy that loves the twisties and looking for good milage. Thanks for your input.

There are no "Good" twisty tires that give "Good" mileage. You go from one end of the spectrum to the other or you can choose something in the middle that will give you decent mileage and decent twisty grip.

A dual compound tire is your best bet. The BTO16 is a great twisty tire with decent mileage for a performance tire and the Dunlop Roadsmart is a good mileage tire, both with dual compound. You have many good tires to choose from!

Yeah I think you'll have to make a decision on what's more important...
The twisties or the tire mileage because unfortunately you can't have the best of both worlds. I would recommed getting a more balanced tire like stated above to get a little bit of both.

I felt like i got pretty good balance of sticky vs mileage out my pilot power 2cts, i think it was about 5k out of the rear. now i run dunlop Q2s. super for twisties, so far not good on mileage.

Ask yourself whats more important to you. and be honest with how aggressively you ride the twisties. lots of times a tire will out grip your ego. for example i ride the twisites pretty hard but i am not sliding the rear in on entry and leaving black marks on exit so i could possibly use a harder cheaper tire than the Q2, but i have confidence in it so thats what i buy.

I have Diablo Rosso and ive been using them for a while, they are still in a good shape plus they've got a decent grip, i had Mich 2CT and they were as good as the rosso's but tire life wasnt that great,,, so far i'm really happy with them,, pricy though!

really like the michelin's. Had the pilot power 2ct's on my 750 and loved them, great grip and seemed to have really good wear. Just got new shoes for the 08 busa at 5400 miles and went with the michelin power pure's. Not really enough time on the pure's yet, haven't had a chance to hit the twisties, but they seem like a great tire. They're supposed to be 2lbs lighter per tire also

happiest so far for me...Michelin power pilot on the front, 2CT on the rear. Stock sizes on both.. but mileage??? varies, but it's not gonna last too long. Depends on how you work it

Michelin Pilot Road 2ct hands down!!!:bowdown: I ate a BT 016 up in 1500 miles. Pirelli Diablo Corsa was showing threads in 1k miles. No burnouts or wheelies either. Just an ass full of torque mixed with hot Miami roads. This Pilot Road has been on there for 4000 miles and it's not even squared off. Nice in the turns and lasts.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Try the NEW Metzler Sportec M5 OR Michelin Pilot Pure. Can't go wrong with either. Equal 1st out of these three would be the NEW Dunlop SportSmart.

Been on Sportec, very good, no problem at all. Currently on Pirelli Angels, very impressive, get sticky when hot and grips in the corners, leaning right to the edge and look like it will give good milage as well. Done 1500km at the moment.:thumbsup:

Back