Tires: Do I like Left Turns more than Right Turns?

I admit that left curves are easier to me then right. I know it is because of trying to get in the proper position and still keep good throttle control/position.

I'm still practicing!! :laugh:

Been thru a lot of tires. Agree, crown in road makes a big diff. over the life of the tire. About to mount my third set of the year and can still not get over the wear diff,left to right!???I tend to ride just off center when no traffic coming the other way. Deer,etc, more room to evade if:poke: challenged.:beerchug:

I gott say "THANK YOU FOR THIS POST". I just noticed the very same thing on my tires the other day, but it sounds like ALL of my guesses were confirmed by the Org. I was sure hoping my tire was bad. Although, my tire doesnt look as bad as his.. I'll keep an eye on it.

+1 that is what I have always been told.
I was a "front end" man for a number of years and "road crown" and tire wear is a farce.. if you take a peek at "where" the tire wear occurs, try and imagine "how much" road crown would be required.. (double digits)..

Car makers figure it out long ago and regardless 2 tires or 4, it is not going to create a wear issue.. I know there have been a number of studies on this (tire makers wanted to know)

SPEED is the single biggest contributor to tire wear.. (hint: In Europe, they drive on the other side of the road, they wear out the same side of the tire US riders do) :whistle:

Last edited:
I like the left turns, mainly because on my way to work there is a traffic circle on a fairly unused road that I can practice my leaning... For right hand turns I have to chance it and run the cloverleaf south of town.

I was a "front end" man for a number of years and "road crown" and tire wear is a farce.. if you take a peek at "where" the tire wear occurs, try and imagine "how much" road crown would be required.. (double digits)..

Car makers figure it out long ago and regardless 2 tires or 4, it is not going to create a wear issue.. I know there have been a number of studies on this (tire makers wanted to know)

SPEED is the single biggest contributor to tire wear.. (hint: In Europe, they drive on the other side of the road, they wear out the same side of the tire US riders do) :whistle:

Explain exactly how speed would wear one side off faster than another?

Guys, it's simple. Northern hemisphere wears out the left side faster and the southern hemisphere wears out the right side faster.............. DUH!

The "four leaf clover" of exit and on ramps to the highway are all right handers and that's were I go to play sometimes so I've gotten better at carving to the right than the left.

Explain exactly how speed would wear one side off faster than another?
your left turns are typically faster and longer.. right hand turns are usually pretty square...

If you "google" tire wear and road crown you will find plenty of data on this.. I ran a front end rack for a good number of years and so I got plenty of time with the tire manufactures and auto manufactures..

The whole road crown and tire wear thing has been thoroughly debunked and was subject to debate 30 years ago.. (road crown is only 1 or 2 degrees). if you lean the tire into the "worn" area, you will see that this area is well into double digits (angle)..

my own tires wear pretty evenly..

Can uneven pressure between the left and right front shocks cause this? Making the wheel lean to one side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Can uneven pressure between the left and right front shocks cause this? Is it possible thatthe front tire can lean to one side? Iam a newbie just trying to learn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back