Strange Front Tire wear ? Opinions ?

It's normal...I've been running pilot powers since I took the stockers off
40,000 miles (almost) and every front I've ever had has worn that way.

looks like you just favor the left side when you do lean the bike via on/off ramps. :poke::laugh:
i run 38 rear and 36 front for street with the michelin pilots i used in the past and the current bridgestones. why not bump the psi up a bit and experiment a bit.

If they were real racers they wouldnt recomend the HPX.
Seems nearly normal.

Normal would be a peak in center (not flat like yours) ,but this is from your low tire pressure. If pressure is right it will make a peak ,low pressure will deform the tire in curves.

Time to change. If you like Michelin choose:
Pilot Road if your doing long trips
Pilot Power (no 2CT its to weak) if your riding sporty

and use the Hayabusa recomended 42 , bike is to heavy for lower pressure

You can see also here a flat center. Pressure was 39 but only for 20 min turns on track.
On road i ride and recomend PPower with 42psi

Pic is Bridgestone ,which i dont ride any more after i tryed PP

They didn't recommend the tires. I chose them myself due to Michelins own ads advertising them to be made specific for straight line speed and mentioning the Busa in their ads for them . The shop only recommended air pressure from the yrs of experience they have here in south Florida .
Seems like I'm getting more of 'it's normal just use more air pressure than OMG' which is comforting .

Justyntym thank you . Comforting coming from a fellow Floridian .

Last edited:
looks like you just favor the left side when you do lean the bike via on/off ramps. :poke::laugh:
i run 38 rear and 36 front for street with the michelin pilots i used in the past and the current bridgestones. why not bump the psi up a bit and experiment a bit.

Most likely will do that but since wear bars are even with tread I'll probably put a new set on and go from there .

I run my tires close to the recommended. I shoot for 41.5 psi :laugh: I've got about 8500+ miles on my front tire and it looks good. I'll go out and take a pic of it...be back in a min.

best one i could get...sorry i don't have it inside on the tile with good lighting... :moon:

DSC00464.jpg

My front tire wore out on the sides, like the OP's; my rear tire wore out in the middle. 40 psi, front and rear; Michelin Pilot Road 2s. I got almost 9,000 out of them.

I just replaced 'em and rode on down the road.

CW

Blanco
Here are pics of my HPXS i just took off. with 8,121 thousand miles. My opinion the tires are no good the casings are very thin, And light weight. I just put on the Avon Ultra 2s. These seem to be a very good tire, Also i put the 130 on the front. The bike handels and rides so much better. The hps are a dangerous tire my friend.

chuck

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

I'm putting my money on low pressure. And let me put it in simple english. The tire is round. Have you taken something molded with a curve and try to make it flat.. It usually just inverts the opposite direction in the same round fashion. Thus if you took a cut away of your tire, you'd see a hump in the middle on the inside and it would appear to be flatter (getting more surface area) on the outside. But the outside is getting more of the weight of the tire vs the center...

Blanca, don't expect much out of them and you'll be happy!

After all, they are michelins!

:thumbsup:

Amode I'm interested in getting a set of Avons and wanna know where you got yours from as well as what difference a 130 on the front makes ?
Does it make it ride more stable and straighter with less effort ?

i had the same issue with my last front tire...pressure was low and didnt notice it...then it developed scalloping and uneven wear on left side....2 weeks later...had to throw it out down to threads where even center had plenty of tread

Back