second set of bt015 not as good as original set

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
hey guys, my original set of tires bt015 lasted 7200 miles and maybe more, but the second set that i bought which is the same bt015 has already shown flat spots in the middle and i only have 3200 miles on it! my riding habbit has not changed neither the tire pressure. are there any differences between the two?

I haven't had any issues out of my new bt015... ??? Just the rear was changed at 7,600. Have 10k on my bike now and looks great still.

Maybe you've gotten a little more "comfortable" on the bike and riding a little harder? Maybe?

hey guys, my original set of tires bt015 lasted 7200 miles and maybe more, but the second set that i bought which is the same bt015 has already shown flat spots in the middle and i only have 3200 miles on it! my riding habbit has not changed neither the tire pressure. are there any differences between the two?

:rofl: Why doesn't this surprise me. The difference in mileage between your two sets is astonishing. I'm amazed you got 7200 miles out of your 1st set! Mine crapped out right at 3k, about average fom what I've read. The BT-015 has shown to have a poor track record. Check out these recent threads for more info.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/119113-how-does-bt-016-compare-stock-bt-015-a.html

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/119034-bt-016s.html

A lot of members speak highly of the BT-016's. Personally I don't like any of the Bridgestone tires and will not consider them for any of my replacements. Just my $0.02

My original BT-015's were toast by 3000 miles. I'm getting 300-500 miles more from the PP2CT's. Oh, and the Michelins handle waaaaaay better.

Last edited:
i thought i read somewhere that the original tires have more layers on it,correct me if i am wrong. i know that was the case on my zx14

I was only talking about this subject last night. In my experience OEM fitted tyres have always lasted significantly longer than replacement tyre sets, not only on my bikes but also the family & work cars.

My original BT-015's were toast by 3000 miles. I'm getting 300-500 miles more from the PP2CT's. Oh, and the Michelins handle waaaaaay better.

I have a Pilot Power 2ct on the front and Pilot Power 2ct on the rear.. great Combo, and the Michelins are head and shoulders above the Bridgestones

7K?! is it stuck in 6th? j/k I envy your throttle control. I don't expect much out of tires mileage wise. I went from bt16s to the 2ct's and I do think he michelins grip a little better. However I have heard internet horror stories about how when the michelins let go, they really let go.

Back