TIme for new tires.

ROYZGSX

Registered
I was able to get 6.5k of the stock tires. Not bad eh. Well I took it very easy the 1st 3k ... after that.. all FUN!

Time to change tire out. Questions. What brands do you recommend? I heard many good things about the SportTec M1. I also hear they have a version made for the Busa. Is that true?

Is it a good idea to go 200 instead of 190? I do street riding and alot of canyon fun. Several 165+ runs when i am bored on a open highway. Whats the pro and cons of going 200 and not the standard 190

ROYZGSX

Silver/Blue '04 Busa
Yoshi pipes
Top Gun Undertail

In a tire review the best tire was diablos, then Metzler, than after that im not sure. Yes there is a special busa M1 tire but is has the same specs as the regular 190 but cost like 8 buks more. You can see the tire on ronayers.com they have good prices to with just 6 bucks shipping.

you arent gonna get the same miles out of m1s as the stocker.i liked the bt14s the best so far .

The 200 series is as wide as you can go with stock rim and swingarm without having contact wuth the chain, you can opt for the fat tire conversion such as the one offered by CSC (site sponsor) alot of money and alot of attention, but its a cool look.:cool:After I put on my 200 pirelli diablo corsa,the bike feels much more stable and smoother in and out of the curves.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106845386 -->

The 200 will mean a flatter profile (not quite a round as the 190). It will be better for drag racing, but the 190 will give you better cornering contact. A 190/55, if you can find one, will give you great side contact and a slightly better accuracy on you speedo.

beerchug.gif

I have the Metzler Sportec M1P's on my 04 busa. The P is the designation for the busa-specific (and Ninja zx12R, but they don't count) model. The difference is extra reinforcement to accommodate the busa's extra weight/torque/starspeeder performance.

I like them, but I also liked the Dunlop 208's I had before. I think the Metzler's have a more attractive tread pattern and the niche of being made specifically for the bike, for whatever that's worth.

I just put on a 200 on the rear of my Busa...It is not as smooth around the corners as I am used too..but so far it is a pretty good tire..It's a Metzler

Put equal riders on a 180, 190 and a 200 and go out to do some twisties and they will come in order just like that, the 200 is too wide and slow from side to side for the corners once over it will do fine. On the other hand for straight aways more tire, more grip and a quicker launch at the track. You can not have the best of all worlds so pick the one you want and go for it. I have the 208 nice but going to try the pilot power next.

I run dunlop 208's, 200 series on back.. Put them on when the bike was new, traded the stock tires out for them even swap.. No comparo here but the 200 looks and for me handles just fine in all around riding..
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|DR1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109184651 -->

But if you like to go on the twistys or on trackdays you have to try out the 180/55. I have the Diablos and I just love them.

Back