200 rear tire on stock busa

jjmotorsportsfl

Registered
<span style='color:blue'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>I'm about to need a new rear tire on my busa and have been considering a 200 rear tire. I might use either a Pilot Power or sporttech M1/M3. What are the pros and cons of doing this compaired to my 190. Any advice you can give me if you have done this would help.

piss poor handling in the twisties is what will happen. If you're a straight-lander, it would be ok. At least you won't have to use the kick stand anymore. The M3's are skinny-er then normal, my 190 looks more like a 180....and kicks a$$ in the tight stuff. M1 rear in 200 looks huge, may want to check it out but remember, it's a 2500 mile rear tire at best for a hard rider. If you're going to go that route, I would check out the Avon's.....

I have no problems with a 200. Road the dragon two months ago and had no problems. The tip in will be a little slower but like Moondog said. unless your a real hard ridder, you will never notice the differance. Plus it looks killer.

Josh

Pilot Power doesn't come in a 200. The OEM tire is closer to a 200 then a 190 so you won't feel much of a difference.

My stock tire appears to be really close to the chain already. How could I fit a wider one on?

We sale a lot of the bridgestones 014/015, shinko 003, avon AV60, pirelli diablo, maxxis supermaxx, metzler m1 and m3 and dunlop qualifiers

We sale a lot of the bridgestones 014/015, shinko 003, avon AV60, pirelli diablo, maxxis supermaxx, metzler m1 and m3 and dunlop qualifiers
How much for a set of avons?  Stock size.
What he said....except with a 200 Rear tire. I am a commuter/straight liner....
smile.gif

I had a 200 michelin sport hpx. Barely fell the differance but went back to 190.

200 and 190 is hardly even a difference. It's 10 millimeters difference....not even half an inch.....split that to both sides and that's easy fitment.....Mine looks and works perfect

Maybe get a GP going on this? I need a rear tire as well, center is worn flat, and worries me with the on-off rain (monsoon season here).

I use a Avon 200 Azaro-ST46 in the rear and the AV 49 in the front . The tire has never let me down. Thats why i seem to go back to this tire setup . I get about 6-6500 miles on them before needing to swap out .

I run the Avon 45-46 combo. Outstanding tires wet/dry and the miles you get are awesome. I would stick with the 190.

Back