Shinko 190 or 200 rear

erinehart5001

Registered
hey guys i know this has probably been asked several times, well i know it has i did a search to see if a shinko 003 200 would fit properly. what i would like is a picture if anyone has it of a shinko 190 or 200 on the busa to see how much wider it would look. please help, looking to get a new set of tires and the dealer told me the way the shinko is made it looks wider--any info--

thanks
eric

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
The stock BT56 is a 198 even though they call it a 190. I have run 200's before with no problem.

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
wider just means less traction on a stock rim. For max traction, go with a 180 on the stock 190 rim.

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
(300Busa @ Jan. 29 2007,08:22) wider just means less traction on a stock rim.  For max traction, go with a 180 on the stock 190 rim.
180/55/17 is the best for the twisties

SANDFLEA85

Registered
Shinko 190,not a good pic but I will take one when I get home later,for you.not much clearence to chain.think a 200 might rub but dont know this for sure. ride and cornering is very good,no issues.also have a shinko up front...stock size

Busa1.jpg

cosmo

Registered
Although not available for another month or two there are two new tire sizes coming:
Dunlop Qualifier 200/55 and Michelin PP2ct 190/55.
On a more personal note: The money you save by buying a Stinko might be spent on repairing your bike or, God forbid, medical bills. Tires are a bad choice to save a little money bro.

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
I run the 200 Maxxis supermaxx, awsome tire. I ran it throught he dragon with no problems. It sticks like glue and lasts a long time (I ride pretty hard and get 5 to 6K out of them). You can get it on motoxoutlet.com for about $98. Its the best money I have spent. If you have a stock chain it will clear with no problems, but will be close. An after market chain like the zvx I have will rub just barely. No chicken stips here. If you like to turn, stay away from the shinko, thats more of a drag tire. If you like to drag, there you go.

Nostripssmall.JPG

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
One more, not the best pics but you get an idea. The Maxxis has a round profile while the shinko is flat. The Maxxis looks great in there.

P4250032__Medium_.JPG

SANDFLEA85

Registered
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHINKO-190-50-17-003-ULTRA-SOFT-RADIAL-TIRE-Hayabusa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQihZ
003QQitemZ130074353884QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....4QQrdZ1</a>

erinehart5001

Registered
hey thanks for the replies, great photos, i really just needed to see a pic of a 200 thanks gsxtacy. maxxis looks great, and actually does make it look a little bigger back there----some junk in the trunk, lol
tounge.gif

oh and newmill, thanks for the info on the shinko, but really wasnt looking to save any money i was just told that the shinko 190 would look like the average 200

thanks
eric

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Shinkos aren't rated for what the Busa can do, but I've never heard of a failure either. Cheap around here.

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
. I have My Busa for sale and it has a Shinko 003 200 on it. Scroll down to the second pic and you'll see what it looks like.
smile.gif

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FraterSol