Time for new tires  Going to the track for the fir

ROYZGSX

Registered
I was able to get 6.5k of the stock tires. Not bad eh. Well I took it very easy the 1st 3k ... after that.. all FUN!

Time to change tire out. Questions. What brands do you recommend? I heard many good things about the SportTec M1. I also hear they have a version made for the Busa. Is that true?

Is it a good idea to go 200 instead of 190? I do street riding and alot of canyon fun. Several 165+ runs when i am bored on a open highway. Whats the pro and cons of going 200 and not the standard 190.

I am planning to attend my first road racing track event in two weeks. Any tips or tire recommendations would be great.

ROYZGSX

Silver/Blue '04 Busa
Yoshi pipes
Top Gun Undertail

Pirelli Diablo Corsa
cool.gif

Pirelli Diablo Corsa or super corsa, both will hook on the street and track!
wink.gif

That was some good mileage out of the stock tires!!

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106844751 -->

the pirelli tires are great. I put 200 on my bike and I didn't noticeany differance. I ride everyday , and if you check the pirelli 200s and measure them side to side they're not as wide as michlem 190s which my buddy has on his .

If you run curves stick with the 190...it allows the heavy ass busa to fall over a little faster than the 200.

I personally lov michelin's. They have a new tire out called the Power. Supposed to be the next gen of dual use tires.

my corsa's went away FAST, like 1800 miles. Unless you are running twisties all the time, the middle is going to go quick. Don't get me wrong, I love the tire, just not very long lasting. I am a twisties rider, no interstate. I thought I would be able to wear the tire uniformly but no dice, the beast still wore out the middle too fast. No intentional burnouts (well, maybe a couple) but we all know how much the tire spins when riding hard. Wanted the Powers but they were BO'ed at the time so I went with the M1 sportechs, love them. Next, going with the Powers if available.

I've got the busa-spec M-1's on mine and I love 'em.Was hoping someone knows what the difference is between them and regular M-1's.

Back