Tiger Racing Underbelly Wing

sportcustoms71

Registered
Well guys here it is........ and here's email i sent to Guy, should explain everything, if not just ask away:thumbsup:

Guy,
Got the bike back from the shop yesterday and was able to put the wing on. It took literally 15 minutes to take the oem wing off and put the new one on. Installation was a breeze and everything lined up to a tee. i was amazed on how easy it was to swap out and how clean the lines were. i'd say on a skill level of 1 to 5 to put the wing on, it was a 1, which was a no brainer and that was awesome. so far i've only put about 30 miles on the bike and that was a commute to work on base. i plan on doing some riding this weekend and i will keep you up to date the more miles i put on the bike. Just bringing it to the shop this morning all the guys said it really put a touch to the bike. yes, being a marine too, word spreads like wild fire. come lunch i had all my sport bike buds swinging buy the shop to check the old girl out. So believe me your name is getting out there and they wanted to know what else you had to offer. i wanted to say thank you once again for selecting me to try the wing out and if you ever have anything else you need a test dummy for just let me know. your sticker is on the truck and the t-shirt gets worn......

I talked to Neil off of the org and he said that he had issues on the fitment of the wing and that he had to bend some edges to get a good fit. on the other hand i had no problems at all. i think the metal may have warped or something with his, but no complaints here.

Thanks,
Mike

DSCN2201.jpg

DSCN2202.jpg

DSCN2203.jpg

DSCN2205.jpg

DSCN2206.jpg

DSCN2208.jpg

DSCN2209.jpg

DSCN2212.jpg

DSCN2215.jpg

You covered up the Hayabusa.org sticker to put on that Tiger Racing one ???

I'd still like to know what is it's intended purpose? Higher durability for LSR or what?

nope didn't cover up the org sticker, when i went to put the org sticker on, the "hay" part got messed up:thumbsup: , plus a very nice gentleman on here sent the org sticker a while back to me for free. i'm going to see if i can get a little more info from Guy:thumbsup:

You covered up the Hayabusa.org sticker to put on that Tiger Racing one ???

I'd still like to know what is it's intended purpose? Higher durability for LSR or what?

Looks nice! Hoping to do mine tomorrow morning. I know, I know.. :banghead:

Heck yeah :thumbsup: I just posted a reply last night wondering what happened to everybody with there wing, lol... didn't see this thread. I'm still trying to get back home so I can put mine on and get some pics up. Unfortunately I'm half way across the US from there right this minute. Thanks for posting pics, it looks killer. My OEM looks like someone worked the bottom over with a ice pick from being pitted with road debris. It's in need of some bad TLC

I asked Guy if it would add a good 8-10 mph in a standing mile. He said no, but he hears it cures herpes.

Hope this answers your LSR question, :rofl:

yeah my OEM one looked the same way

Heck yeah :thumbsup: I just posted a reply last night wondering what happened to everybody with there wing, lol... didn't see this thread. I'm still trying to get back home so I can put mine on and get some pics up. Unfortunately I'm half way across the US from there right this minute. Thanks for posting pics, it looks killer. My OEM looks like someone worked the bottom over with a ice pick from being pitted with road debris. It's in need of some bad TLC

I asked Guy if it would add a good 8-10 mph in a standing mile. He said no, but he hears it cures herpes.

Hope this answers your LSR question, :rofl:

Greats pics, thanks. There is never a better review than to let .Org members try things out. Why did I make this wing and what does it do? Great question. First off, it fits with any pipe or turbo system out there. Second, it
Looks cool. Thirdly, someone asked me to make one so I obliged. The angles took me forever to get right. This is a product that took several profiles and Many members of the org to help fit. I've been working on this unit for almost a year. I hope everyone likes. Remember, if you really want it, I'll do my best to make it for you.

Guy

Okay, so tonight I tried to make mine fit, and I'm having issues as well. Basically there is no way to make the "front" of the wing fit "into" the stock fairing and still allow the rear holes to line up. I've taken a couple of pics and you can see with the "rear" holes lined up the big diameter is off center by about 1/2" or so. I do NOT have the patience for this this week, plus it was like 400 degrees in my garage tonight, so I'm either going to try this after I get back from vacation (next weekend) or I'm going to pass this along to another member and see if they have better luck.. I've offered it to Hayabusa4Life simply because he is local and has a Gen2 so if he wants to try it and write a review I'm gonna let him. If not, I will try it again but unfortunately not for another week. Here are the pics showing the hole off..
D60_070311_2975.jpg

D60_070311_2976.jpg

D60_070311_2975.jpg

D60_070311_2976.jpg

Back