Tiger Racing Underbelly Wing Review

The box just showed up last night. I will try to get it installed tonight. I leave for vacation on Saturday monring so we have been spending the evenings packing and geting snaks for the trip. Were mostly ready now (thanks to my wife) so I should have time tonight or Friday night. I will post up some pics for ya.

Thank you for your time. It is much appreciated. I don't know how much it has already it has been reformed (bent) but you will be able to get a good idea of its fit. If youu need a frersh one, let me know.

Thanks again,

Guy
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you for your time. It is much appreciated. I don't know how much it has already it has been reformed (bent) but you will be able to get a good idea of its fit. If youu need a frersh one, let me know.

Thanks again,

Guy
Posted via Mobile Device

I will let you know. You may want this bent one back to see how they had to change it to make it fit.

Let me start of by saying thank you to Guy and to Cheferman65 for giving me the opportunity to participate in this test. Secondly, I want to say that this belly pan is precision cut with a CMC machine (correct me if I’m wrong Guy); there are no rough edges or anything of the sort. The quality is top notch and what you would expect it to be.

From what I understand, people Like Cheferman65 (and the guys who have had the rectifier recall completed) have had to bend and modify the belly pan to make it fit and the people who haven’t had the recall done have their belly wings fit like a glove. Cheferman65 dot the wing and had to bend it to make it fit. After that he put his stock one back on and sent the now custom bent wing to me. I have not had my rectifier recall completed yet so I was curious to see if the now bent wing would fit or if I would have to bend it back to its original position.

Well, it did not fit. The area that Cheferman65 bent is what is keeping it from lighting up. I did not bend it back to its original shape but I can tell that if I did it would mount right up without and issues. This leads me to believe that when Suzuki completes the rectifier recall that they somehow change the mounting points. Now the question is what Guy wants me to do next. I can send this back so you can see where people have had to bend to make it fit. I can go get my recall done and see if it fits. I can bend it back and use it. If you have the time, you can send me a new one and I can confirm that it fits perfectly and send this one back. Or you can send me the new one and I can confirm it fits, then get the recall done and see if this bent one fits and then mail one back to you. I know one of the guys at my local dealership so I’m sure they will let me watch while they complete the recall so I can see if the mounts get changed. I’m good with whatever you want me to do Guy.

Now to the pictures:

#1: My 10 month old assistant, Noah. He kept an eye out for monsters and the like.
#2: Up close of stock belly wing
#3: Side by side, stock wing and Tiger Racing wing
#4: Same as #3
#5: Checking the dimensions where the rear of the wing mounts to the rectifier bracket on the stock wing, it’s about 6 ½’’.
#6: Checking the dimensions where the rear of the wing mounts to the rectifier bracket on the Tiger Racing wing, it too is about 6 ½’’.
#7: Checking from center of hole on the left side of the stock wing to the front mounting hole. Its 12 ½’’.
#8: Checking from center of hole on the left side of the Tiger Racing wing to the front mounting hole. Its 13’’ but I don’t trust that because that front mounting hole is where chefreman65 was bending so I expected to see a difference.
#9: End view o Tiger racing wing with bent front mounting location.
#10: Tiger Racing Wing mounted on the bike with gaps at the front mounting location, the front mounting bolt is not install because I didn’t want to bend the wing back to its original shape yet.
#11: Extreme close up of gap, sorry about the fuzzy pic.
#12: Side view of Tiger Racing wing
#13: Rear view showing gap
#14: My Sexy beast.

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

#4.jpg

#5.jpg

#6.jpg

#7.jpg

#8.jpg

#9.jpg

#10.jpg

#11.jpg

#12.jpg

Lil Charlie,

Thanks for the time you took to give us some great feedback. Yes, email me your address and I would like to send you another wing that has not been tweaked to check for fit.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this very helpful test and feedback. We want it right.

And does anyone have a Gen2 wing I can remeasure from that HAS HAD the rectifier mod done to?

Thanks again,

Guy

Last edited:
PM sent.

Guy,
Now that I think more about it Im not sure the recall has anything to do with it. If it did, we would all get new belly wings as part of the recall and I don't remember anyone saying that they got a new shiny piece of plastic with a completed recall. Send me the new wing and I will check it out side by side as to the one I have and see how it fits. The recall part may just be coincidence .

PM sent.

Guy,
Now that I think more about it Im not sure the recall has anything to do with it. If it did, we would all get new belly wings as part of the recall and I don't remember anyone saying that they got a new shiny piece of plastic with a completed recall. Send me the new wing and I will check it out side by side as to the one I have and see how it fits. The recall part may just be coincidence .

The recall shouldn't have anything to do with the fit. Suzuki is just replacing the old part with a new one on the same bracket.

The recall shouldn't have anything to do with the fit. Suzuki is just replacing the old part with a new one on the same bracket.

No modification that I'm aware of. The recall takes minutes to complete and is pretty straight forward.

Update:

Guy was cool enough to send me a new wing to see if it fit any better than the reformed (bent) one I got from Cheferman65. I put it on the other night but it has been crazy at me house so I haven’t had the time to type this up. All of the holes line up fine but there are fitment issues with where the wing lines up with the bottom part of the right hand fairing. I fought and fought with it to get it to fit into the plastic tabs on the right hand fairing but it wasn’t going to fit without re-bending the wing so I gave up on that connection and just bolted it together at the 3 location. There is a gap of about ¼’’, maybe a tad more, between the right fairing and the wing. The first picture shows the gap and the second one shows that I can stick my finger in that gap. With all of that said, there is no slop or movement that I need to worry about. At 1st I thought that without that connection snapped in place that I had to worry about the fairing moving/flexing in the wind and busting. That is just not the case; it is structural sound and held in place by the stock bolting location, the bends are just off so it doesn’t line up just right. You also can’t see it unless you are low to the ground, behind the bike, and looking for it. Guy, the design needs to be looked at again. I think the longitude bend on the right had side is in the wrong location, shortening that section of the wing and causes it to be too close to the frame of the bike….if that makes any sense at all. I think if the bend was a little farther out the gap would be gone. Thanks again for sending me the fresh wing. I plan on keeping her on there, the gap doesn’t bother me. Going back and looking at my original pictures I can see that there was a gap with the 1st one too, just a different gap because of the way it was bent. Hope his info helps you out Guy.

Lil Charlie
Aka Kevin.

2011-07-30_18-36-35_647.jpg

2011-07-30_18-37-34_531.jpg

Thanks Charlie for the update. I have a 08 in the shop. What I don't understand is why does it fir some bikes perfectly and not others. Oh well, we will keep trying.

Guy
Posted via Mobile Device

No problem, thanks again for the new wing and the stickers. One went on my tool box and the other on my beer fridge in the garage :thumbsup:

Hey FES! Thanks for the pics but this is the ONLY pics I have seen of all the ones that were given out....:rulez::rulez:

So FES got a "bad" one and the others seem to be ok, can we be fair and see the ones that fit like a glove?:rulez:???

Cause right now it looks like tiger's got a bad product...and thats not cool peeps..he sent you the wing post up the good pics damnit..

I can assure you that I'll be posting up mine when I get it on. I dang sure haven't forgot about it. I'm still out of state... :banghead: I was supposed to be home over a month ago, but the work keeps coming in. It's a good problem to have however so I'm not really going to complain.

Sorry Guy about the unexpected delay, I will most definately let everyone know how it fits and how it looks. Plus the herpes are bad, so I'll be anxious to get rid of them :laugh:

No problems friends. Thank you everyone for your time and energy in helping me in the fit issues. So far, every bike we have in the shop fit like Lil charlies but bolt up with no issues. The plastic underbelly wing is very forgiving when putting it on. It tweaks and bends slightly when you attach it. My aluminum piece does not have that ability to bend and tweak. We have found that if you attach the body mount first, the rear two bolt holes line up great. I am making a slight change in the bodywork alignment hole, but not that much. It seems that it is easier to pre-fit (bend) the wing to your particular mounting features than to make 3 or 4 different bending versions that I have to stock. So I guess, they are what they are.

Thanks to everyone who helped us. I truly appreciate all your help.

Guy

Back