Tiger Racing Underbelly Wing Review

Hayabusa4life

I said Good Day!
Donating Member
Registered
As some of you know, GsxrBots pass the Underbelly Wing to me to see if I had better fit on my bike, but I didn't have such luck. I try it two ways to see what fited best...

First try, I attached the front screw of the wing with the body and then try to fit the two clips on the back, but the hole didn't match each other, the left side hole was off by 1" and the right side hole was off by 1/2".

Second try, I attached the two back clips first and then try to fit the front screw, but the hole of the wing was about 1/2" to the front and about 1 1/2" out (away from the body)

Ok, so theres some custom bending need it on this wing:laugh: I started playing around with the bends that are already on the wing to make it a lil shorter, I bend them lil by lil, I had to take the wing in and out couple of times. After about 1 hour and 15 min later, I finaly got the wing on, its not perfect, it still doing some pressure, but that was enough for me.

The wing lost the original shape due to the extra bending, it look uneven with the rest of the body, the back section of the wing(where the two holes are) looks lower on the back but higher on the front, the front part of the same back section is almost hitting the pipes underneath the bike(about less than1/4"). On the other hand there is a lot of clearance on the midpipe. Here are some pics, the first two I stole from Steve:whistle::laugh:

belly wing.jpg

belly wing2.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

012.jpg

019.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

013.jpg

Same issues for me, I had to bend and tweak it in places to get a decent fit.
Thanks for your opinion and review. :beerchug:

Thanks for doing the write up Wilson! I'll give you a shout when I get back home. I'd like to see it in person.

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Sportscuston7 what year is your bike and hayabusa4life, what year is yours. This is great feedback you guys and I appreciate it. 4 life, could you send me your re-formed (bent) wing for me to measure by? Send me your address and I'll send you a UPS return tag. Sportscustoms71, you are like Many others I have sold this too for a gen2, no issues. There must be some kind of difference I am missing here. Took another one to the shop and fitted it as if it were made for it (which they are) and then I took one to the dealer and tried it there. It fit great. I'm going back to my stack of wings and re-examine each one very intently to see if somehow there is any difference in them. Thanks again you guys, I really really appreciate your efforts.

Last edited:
Sportscuston7 what year is your bike and hayabusa4life, what year is yours. This is great feedback you guys and I appreciate it. 4 life, could you send me your re-formed (bent) wing for me to measure by? Send me your address and I'll send you a UPS return tag. Sportscustoms71, you are like Many others I have sold this too for a gen2, no issues. There must be some kind of difference I am missing here. Took another one to the shop and fitted it as if it were made for it (which they are) and then I took one to the dealer and tried it there. It fit great. I'm going back to my stack of wings and re-examine each one very intently to see if somehow there is any difference in them. Thanks again you guys, I really really appreciate your efforts.

sportcustoms71 bike is an 08, mine is a 09, I dont understand why the difference? ??? GsxrBots is an 08 also, and it didn't fit:dunno:

I'm at the shop and fitted it to 3 different bikes. 08-09-09 and they all fit perfect. Send me your address and I will send you a return label. I need to see what the difference is.

Thanks.

Guy
Posted via Mobile Device

Something that I thought, it should not make any difference, but do you think it has something to do with doing the rectifier recall done? Maybe they move something out of place:dunno: GsxrBots had his done, and I did too, the wing didnt fit eather one.???

I just checked the 3 bikes I checked. They have NOT had the recall done. Hmmmmmmm
Posted via Mobile Device

What is the advantage of installing such a product?

It was designed to fit any pipe configuration. basically appearnce and the ability to fit your custom pipe without having to carve up your oem wing. and it cures herpes.

Hey FES! Thanks for the pics but this is the ONLY pics I have seen of all the ones that were given out....:rulez::rulez:

So FES got a "bad" one and the others seem to be ok, can we be fair and see the ones that fit like a glove?:rulez:???

Cause right now it looks like tiger's got a bad product...and thats not cool peeps..he sent you the wing post up the good pics damnit..

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/152880-tiger-racing-underbelly-wing.html

here's the pics and the good review

But really, there are no Bad reviews, these are honest inputs from folks that show me i have some areas to look at. there must be a reason that some fit and some don't. I had to make 2 versions of the glove box after realizing that the aluminum and the steel subframes fit the hump differently.
Hence the TGB-13 for the 01-07 and the TGB-13A for the 99-00 and of course the TGB-13B for the 08-11

It's all good, thats why I ask for this kind of input. I want to make things right and have customers happy with my products. this is good for me and for our members. there's no hate in these reviews, they are what i asked for, honest open reviews. Who wants to spend hard earned money and not have the damn thing fit.

Guy

Last edited:
Guy,
hope you get the bugs worked out on the wing, but no complaints here. yes, i had the recall done on mine. our battalion bike club is heading to a show tomorrow, so i'll let you know what reviews i get on her.:thumbsup:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/152880-tiger-racing-underbelly-wing.html

here's the pics and the good review

But really, there are no Bad reviews, these are honest inputs from folks that show me i have some areas to look at. there must be a reason that some fit and some don't. I had to make 2 versions of the glove box after realizing that the aluminum and the steel subframes fit the hump differently.
Hence the TGB-13 for the 01-07 and the TGB-13A for the 99-00 and of course the TGB-13B for the 08-11

It's all good, thats why I ask for this kind of input. I want to make things right and have customers happy with my products. this is good for me and for our members. there's no hate in these reviews, they are what i asked for, honest open reviews. Who wants to spend hard earned money and not have the damn thing fit.

Guy

This will be interesting to see. Cheferman65 is sending me his wing. I do not know if he has had the recall done or not. Mine has not been completed yet. So If I get his and have to re bend it back to its original shape we know what the problem is.

well hopefully it works for you, i had the recall done it it fit fine.

This will be interesting to see. Cheferman65 is sending me his wing. I do not know if he has had the recall done or not. Mine has not been completed yet. So If I get his and have to re bend it back to its original shape we know what the problem is.

Back