tide with my bro today ... check out my tire

mynewride

Registered
My brother and I headed out on a trip about 150 miles from home and I find this crack in my tore when we are stopped to fix his chain that came off...guess I don't know how to post pics from this phone on the mobile site....hope I make it home

you guys should see this tire. I have never seen anything like it. it looks like a knife cut to the cords, but its not in a straight line across the tire. plus tires are hard to cut like that. i will get a pic posted soon. almost like the rubber split from a factory defect.

ForumRunner_20130722_161234.png

ForumRunner_20130722_161234.png

My brother and I headed out on a trip about 150 miles from home and I find this crack in my tore when we are stopped to fix his chain that came off...guess I don't know how to post pics from this phone on the mobile site....hope I make it home

chain that came off?....uhhhhh did it have a clip master link or was it pinned?... how loose was it adjusted... sounds dangerous to me

i have seen that before. i did it to one of my tires heading to New Mexico. i ran over a rv window frame on the highway. i rode it out and changed my bald split tire in Albequerque.

The chain on my brothers Honda rebel was very loose. His adjuster was broke and he decided it was no big deal. The chain cost us an hour on the side of the road. Then when he rolled it back on it snapped on the sprocket but also caught a bolt on the exhaust and was guitar string tight. Luckily there was somebody in the park where we were taking a break that had a flat blade screwdriver that we used as a pry bar while trying to roll the bike and dislodge the chain. We got home and got the chain adjusted.

As for my tire, I never ran anything over except a few rail road crossings. None of which were all that rough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Back