Figured out my tire problem- Help Please

800 to 1000lb spring should fix the problem.

Goldenchild ( Daniel at Cloudnine can fix you up )

You cannot make your suspension STIFFER by adding preload. You cannot change the spring rate without changing the spring! What takes place when you add preload is: As you crank in more preload, you are pushing down on the spring and the result is simply raising the rear of the bike. Adding preload does nothing to the spring and actually does not move the spring at all. Unless of course, you add enough preload to top the shock out.

This is true for your forks as well. Adding preload does not make it stiffer.

I have never understood why some choose to lower their bike with lowering links then add preload to raise it back up? :dunno:

Although you can change the geometry and the range of the suspension's travel through proper use of preload, the simple discription of preload is "Ride Height Adjustment"!

Tuf man...ya know i love ya like a brother but the answer is in your own words cause...

"you are pushing down on the spring and the result is simply raising the rear of the bike."

ain't that what this guy is trying to do?...raise the back?...and btw...that extra ride height with 2 extra turns of preload (which is tensioning the system up)...enhances my busas handling characteristics..to me anyway...flickability increases..more weight foward...decreased trail as the steering angle is slightly reduced by raising the rear which in turn accomodates quicker steering and?...more tension?...more feedback...i like it...but i'm with ya on the lowering links thing...l8r, bill. :cool:

Okay, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on and let you guys that don't have a clue about how suspension functions nor how adjustment changes affect the bikes behavior rattle on educating each other! :moon:
:laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back