Throttlemeister Install Help

Correct, and I just looked and the screws come in from the bottom vice the front. And I only found two also. If you loosen those that will allow you to slide the whole thing. I had to use a stubby screw dirver to get in there at them. I swapped my bars for Heli-Bars a week ago so I had to slide the whole thing off the stock bars. Thanx Steve

I thought the throttle kind of fits into a set of indents?:dunno:
Would moving these jeopardize their mounting?

I had similar issues two weeks ago when I was installing TM on my bike. I did file down the threads, and NO special tools, just an exacto knife, but I think any SHARP knife and a STEADY hand will work just as well.

Works perfectly, although I have to set it up a little better, while it does hold, it takes a LONG time for me to set it up at a cruising speed without too much acceleration or deceleration.

Correct, and I just looked and the screws come in from the bottom vice the front. And I only found two also. If you loosen those that will allow you to slide the whole thing. I had to use a stubby screw dirver to get in there at them. I swapped my bars for Heli-Bars a week ago so I had to slide the whole thing off the stock bars. Thanx Steve

That did it, I loosen the two screws and then pulled the throttle away from the bike as far aspossible and tighten down the screws. That moved the throttle over enough to make contact with the throttlemeister. I'm going to go jump on the highway here in about an hour and test it out.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited:
That did it, I loosen the two screws and then pulled the throttle away from the bike as far aspossible and tighten down the screws. That moved the throttle over enough to make contact with the throttlemeister. I'm going to go jump on the highway here in about an hour and test it out.

Thanks everyone for your help!

That's awesome! You are gonna love the TM bro, you will really appreciate it on a ride like the one you are going on! Be sure to give a report on how it works for ya!:thumbsup:

You are right. Bars are drilled. Silly me. I was thinking about my dirt bikes. My bad.
Yeah, there is a hole for the throttle assembly to fit into but there's about an 1/8 of an inch of play in it. I know it doesn't sound like much but it was enough to stop the TM from working.

That's awesome! You are gonna love the TM bro, you will really appreciate it on a ride like the one you are going on! Be sure to give a report on how it works for ya!:thumbsup:

I'll report back Sunday night after about 1200 miles of use. :thumbsup:

Took the bike out tonight on the highway and the TM worked perfectly. Now I'll be doing a distance test starting tomorrow. Thanks again everybody! :thumbsup:

Nick, a late reply, sorry I couldn't help out more with your install. We are just getting home from hospital a few hous ago.

Glad to be able to get the Throttlemeisters out to you so fast. Quick coordination with Fred at Marker Machine. They've been a pleasure to work with to provide these for everyone. Once you get them adjusted properly, almost wonder how you lived without them.

In this first pic, you can sort of see the black rubber insert (the bulge) that's included with the kit that gets slid under the end of the grip. Mine all fits really tight together and works great.

Back