I've Been ThrottleMeistered!

RatherBusa

Registered
Well, installation was easy enough, but as I was trying out different shims/spacers, I tightened just a bit too hard and stripped out the allen bolt.

Anyway way on earth to get it out, without cutting through the ThrottleMeister end?

:cry:

Well, installation was easy enough, but as I was trying out different shims/spacers, I tightened just a bit too hard and stripped out the allen bolt.

Anyway way on earth to get it out, without cutting through the ThrottleMeister end?

:cry:

maybe carefully cut a nitch that will allow a flathead screwdriver?

do you have a hand impact and use a phillips bit, you can probably get it turning a bit at a time. Last resort drill the head off the bolt.

do you have a hand impact and use a phillips bit, you can probably get it turning a bit at a time. Last resort drill the head off the bolt.

Exactly.... drilled the head off the bolt.

So, back to stock ends - and I am very happy.

Could order another bolt, but I put a few nicks (not really noticeable) in the bar end trying to get it off and I am too OCD to use it now. :laugh:

Still very functional (and almost new looking) if anyone wants them, say maybe for $50 - just need another bolt to make it happen... and some tolerance for a nick or so.

Crap!!!! I was excited about that. Maybe a little too excited to do the job right even.

Last edited:
Keep them they are GREAT!
Get a new bolt and have away.
You won't regret it.

Well, thanks for making me feel better about it...

Just re-painted over both with some black ceramic paint, so better than before there.

Will order another bolt, maybe a couple and give it another shot.

Unless someone wants to coerce me with money. :thumbsup:

Might have to be more than $50 now that Mike has motivated me and I have re-painted them. :laugh:

Last edited:
Sounds like me with ,my new K8. A small grill fell on the tank and scratched it. Most might live with it cause it's not that bad but not me, I'll be getting a new tank.:whistle:

Back