ThrottleMeister = More Vibration?

RatherBusa

Registered
Got the ThrottleMeisters installed correctly now - really dig the look and I got the spacing right with the shims, so the cruise-control aspect of it is working perfectly. Nice. :thumbsup:

One thing I did notice is that there is actually more vibration coming through the grips now. When I had the stock ends on, occasionaly I would wrap my hand around them to see how much vibration I was getting - virtually none (just a little). The TM ends give mucho vibration, in comparison.

Not sure if maybe I could have done something different with the install (used loc tite, tightened pretty good...)...

So, goes without saying, hands got more numb.... before right hand never went numb.

Not sure what the fate of the TM end's are now.... thought they had some kind of vibration dampening technology or something? was expecting it to actually be better. Perhaps with them being hollow (trying to make one end work for multiple bikes with the spacers/shims) and the stockers being more whole is the difference.

I had a similar experience with them. Wound up taking them back off and going back to my Brass bar ends to deal with the vibes.

i bought the heavy set in black and I actually think they manage the vibration better. noticed the difference on my first ride. They did quite well on the 400 miles to fall bash. I do however think that enabling the control is awkward. I am used to more of a lever type action.

.02 :poke:

i bought the heavy set in black and I actually think they manage the vibration better. noticed the difference on my first ride. They did quite well on the 400 miles to fall bash. I do however think that enabling the control is awkward. I am used to more of a lever type action.

.02 :poke:

I got the heavy version too, so I thought it would be a bit better. I also noticed a difference on the first ride, but not the same difference I guess.

Anyway, so far I am just reaching over with my left hand to set the cruise-control... kinda funky, but works until I get it down 1-handed.

i have the heavy version and they seemed to reduce the vibrations for me...as far as setting the lock, i just hold the throttle steady with my pointer finger and twist the end with my pinky...takes a few times to get used to it :beerchug:

I have the chrome ones, not sure if they are heavy or not, but less vibs than stock bar ends.

Sorry they're not working out for you! If you don't come to a more harmonious resolution, I could probably take them off your hands. At least you wouldn't be out much. Good luck!

I just got back from the beach. I put right at 1000 miles on my bike and Most of it i did use the TM. I did notice more vibe also but when i had it set it was great. I have the chrome ends and i am not sure if they are the heavy one's or not. They really helped on my trip. I set mine to where i can move it with just a touch but i got to wondering if after a while it would do something to my cable or not.

Got the ThrottleMeisters installed correctly now - really dig the look and I got the spacing right with the shims, so the cruise-control aspect of it is working perfectly. Nice. :thumbsup:

One thing I did notice is that there is actually more vibration coming through the grips now. When I had the stock ends on, occasionaly I would wrap my hand around them to see how much vibration I was getting - virtually none (just a little). The TM ends give mucho vibration, in comparison.

Not sure if maybe I could have done something different with the install (used loc tite, tightened pretty good...)...

So, goes without saying, hands got more numb.... before right hand never went numb.

Not sure what the fate of the TM end's are now.... thought they had some kind of vibration dampening technology or something? was expecting it to actually be better. Perhaps with them being hollow (trying to make one end work for multiple bikes with the spacers/shims) and the stockers being more whole is the difference.

Which set of TM are you using the Normal or the Heavy?

Which set of TM are you using the Normal or the Heavy?

See Post #5

I got the heavy version too, so I thought it would be a bit better. I also noticed a difference on the first ride, but not the same difference I guess.

Anyway, so far I am just reaching over with my left hand to set the cruise-control... kinda funky, but works until I get it down 1-handed.

Back