GenMar riser vibration woes

nikte

Registered
I recently installed GenMar risers on my bike, and I'm very pleased with the improved handling. But the problem is the vibrations in the handlebars. I've ridden the bike four times since the installation, and after each ride the pain and numbness in my hands and forearms has gotten worse. I've already ordered Throttlemeister bar ends and gel grips but haven't gotten them yet. One other solution I was thinking about was putting a peice of bicycle inner tube on either side of the GenMar plate to help dampen some the bad vibes I'm getting, since this is where the problem originates from. Do you think this might work? Or do you have any other solutions? Has anyone else had a similar problem after installing risers?

I've had GenMar's on mine for 2 rears. No vibration issues here. It sounds like you are still putting too much weight on your hands. You should be supporting your upper body with your back and abs, not you rarms and hands.

I've had mine on for about 5 months. No vibration here either.

Have you checked that all the bolts are snug?

(BusaWhipped @ May 03 2007,17:43) I've had GenMar's on mine for 2 rears. No vibration issues here. It sounds like you are still putting too much weight on your hands. You should be supporting your upper body with your back and abs, not you rarms and hands.
going on 4 yrs on mine and no vibes.... as easy as they are to install I would take em off and make sure the install was correct and possibly even take em off and make sure the bike when its in its stock form doesn't have bad vibes... just a thought.

And
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
You should post up some info about yourself and a few pics in the New Owners Forum. Not only would we like to get to know you, its the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome and the feed back. I'll get pics and info posted soon.

About my riding position, I've been careful to make an effort to grip the handles lightly. And actually, since installing the riser, I put a lot less weight on hands.

The installation was done at the dealership because I was worried I wouldn't get the bolts tightened properly, though after watching the guy do it, I thought I could have done the same thing even with my poor set of tools.

I'll try re-installing and see if that works. It's possible the guy didn't get them on right since one of the plastic bolt caps fell as soon as I left the store.

If that doesn't work what do you think of using inner tubing as a cushion?

If it was done at a dealer you could always bring it back to them, they should have no problem fixing it if they messed it up. hope i gets better.

Just to follow up on this. I checked with GenMar and got an email back right away. I got to say they provide curtious and speedy service. Seems like I'm the only one who having a problem. Scott Genmar told me that the Busa usually doesn't have any trouble with risers, and he suggested that I make sure the rubber bushing weren't left out and that all the bolts are tight. So this I took it a part and put it back together myself. The bolts were plenty snug, and the bushing were in place, so there were no mix ups at the dealership.

I almost wish I were just imagining things, but I never had any problems with vibrations in the past. Sure my hands would get sore sometimes because of the weight I put on them in the original position but that was all. Now I don't put much weight on them, but from the very first ride I noticed buzziness in my hands.

I haven't given up though. The riser makes for a big in improvement in handling and body position. So I'm going to try to put some rubber between the riser and the plate that secures it in place since this is metal to metal contact.

Back