Throttlemeister - Help

neoBusa

Registered
Hey guys. So i contacted throttlemeister to get some info on installing their bar end on my rizoma grips. I got stock handlebar, but the damn rizoma grips (sweet as they are) are aluminum and not rubber. so to install the throttlemeister (havent ordered it yet but considering) i would need to glue a rubber ring around the end of my rizoma grip in order for the throttlemeister to grip it I guess.

Anyone done that mod and had to glue a rubberized ring? did it work? did it look good? anyone with Rizoma grips and installed the meister?

Help?... please!

I don't have the Rizomas, but I'm guessing that you can make it work. You can take the "friction ring" - that normally slides under the rubber grip - and cut it down with a dremel. Then, like you said, just glue that part to the Rizoma. The throttlemeister should still be able to function.

I dont have the grips you have as mine are stock but I dont think I would recommend what you were saying as there is too much room for issues and the last thing you want is to set it take your hand off and it lets go on you.

It'll only slip and you'll slow down..

If you use it as much as I do, you'll be tweaking it constantly unless you're on a dead flat highway. Cutting the sleeve and/or gluing to aluminium sounds like it won't last.

Hey guys. So i contacted throttlemeister to get some info on installing their bar end on my rizoma grips. I got stock handlebar, but the damn rizoma grips (sweet as they are) are aluminum and not rubber. so to install the throttlemeister (havent ordered it yet but considering) i would need to glue a rubber ring around the end of my rizoma grip in order for the throttlemeister to grip it I guess.

Anyone done that mod and had to glue a rubberized ring? did it work? did it look good? anyone with Rizoma grips and installed the meister?

Help?... please!
Do you still use the stock throttle tube w/rizoma grip's?

As long as your rizoma grips are the same length as the throttle tube (flush) there might be enough surfice for the meister's to hold.

I would have went with a true cruise control system if I had a second chance, i still might though this winter.

I do use the throttle meister two to three times a week, guess it works like it should.

But man actual standing cruuise and adjustment to incline and decline in the mountains of WNC would be wonderful.
:laugh:

What's a good cruise control system these days? AudioVox no more right?

Last edited:
Back