Throttlemeister Question?

efiguero

Registered
Ok, so I pulled up my grip to install the rubber portion of the TM, when I did that I noticed the throttle tube has a lip and some other texture on the tube. I am assuming I have to take this lip off and sand down a part of the lifted texture on the tube in order for the rubber portion to fit properly? Is this correct?

I tell you I can not get mine to work at all...I have had it on 4 zx11's no problem...this one slips

Yeah, I had the same problem when I did my install. The throttlemeister would hold for about 10 seconds but slowly slip. My fix was to loosen the two black screws holding the throttle housing together which allowed me to slide the whole device away from the bike like an 1/8 of an inch then tighten down the two screws. Maybe that will help you too. I also ended up not using any spacers after doing this.

I used a file to remove the lip. Also, I shortened the bolts a little and didn't use any spacers on the outside of the weights. Mine works great. Not too tight, but never slips.

The plastic cuts like butter with a craft / stanley knife.
I totally removed the circumferential lip and about half of the lateral ribs so that the friction sleeve was tight but not bulging too much (minimise grip bulge as well).

Yup, trimmed mine also.

Guess I got lucky because after I installed it it works flawlessly with no spacers needed.

TM3.jpg

TM4.jpg

TM7.jpg

TM8.jpg

Yep...used a dremel to shave it down on mine. Had to use only one of the thinnest spacers they provided.

mine worked great for a month or two then i must have loosened it while racing... reset everything and its fine again!!!! i love it!!!! best comfort mod ever!!!

Back