Throttlemeister Throttle Lock

mr8ball

Registered
I have noticed that I am having to turn my Throttlemeister Throttle Lock as far as I can turn it to lock now. When I first installed it I did not have to turn it that far to get it to lock but now it seems as if it has lost a shim or something. I know that cant happen so has anyone else had any trouble with this? I thought the bolt might be coming loose but when I checked it, it was still tight. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Possibly the plastic collar that goes onto throttle tube is getting worn?
When I put mine on that was only thing that looked like it could wear out, everything else was steel.

Yeah, Id say same as Blanca. That plastic bushings is probably gotten compressed some and now it takes a little more to lock it. Should be an easy fix by just adding a bit to the shim thickness.

Thanks I was thinking about adding some shims but I am thinking I might have to put a helicore in when I do it. The threads seemed a little loose when I did the install. It's going to be a winter project. I never thought about the plastic bushing. Thanks for the help

Helicore has nothing to do with the Throttlemeister if you think that's it. Downside to the Busa is it uses a small diameter bolt, and the handlebars are aluminum which is lightweight, but soft metal.

The plastic bushing can possibly move if the setup isn't just right. If it slides inward along the handlegrip, you won't get required friction to equal out your throttle return springs.

Couple things you can try: use some Grip Glue (a glue specifically designed for handle grips) to firm everything up. Another idea is to toss your stock handle grips and go to something a bit stiffer and less elastic. I've had Harris Busa grips on the '00 for years and nary an issue. Nothing moves.

On the '08, the stock grips are very soft and rubbery. Those have got to go for something much more aesthetically pleasing.

Do you have a part number for the grips? I went to your website but I could not find the search thing. I have the 08 busa and have bought a few things from you before. I have thought about changing them for a while. The reason I said about the helicore is when I did the install I noticed the threads were a little loose on the heli bars I got. I done like the smaller bolt but it is what it is. Its a simple fix I was just checking to see if anyone else was having trouble. Thanks for the help

We don't carry the Harris grips, and I'm not sure if you can still get the Busa grips. Someone else mentioned they were having trouble finding them. The ones I have are a carbon fiber patter with the kanji & 'busa' on them.

1010709.jpg

busa-grips1.jpg

Mostly we just carry the custom grips:

Custom HandleGrips | Pashnit Moto

1010709.jpg

busa-grips1.jpg

Thank you sir, I wish you had them so I could have got them from you. I just placed my order as well. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks again for the help

have had the harris grips and throttlemeister on my 08 for a year or so now and it works flawlessly. Can't remember where i got the grips, i think ebay, but haven't had a single issue yet with the setup

have had the harris grips and throttlemeister on my 08 for a year or so now and it works flawlessly. Can't remember where i got the grips, i think ebay, but haven't had a single issue yet with the setup
I spoke with Super Cycle Store and they tell me the Harris Busa grip is no longer in production. Hemi, you are lucky to have the Busa grips. I have an '08 also.

here u go, i knew i could find themhttp://www.bikebiz.com.au/products/Harris-Grips-Hayabusa-Red%252d120mm-Open-End-.html. Little more pricey than what i paid though

Back