thinking of getting a busa as a first bike.....

im able to get a great deal on a brand spanking new Busa....
considering it as my first bike but i wanted to get some opinions on the gentlemen who ride this work of art on a daily basis....

what are your thoughts for a novice getting into a busa?
what do you think would be some obstacles i would face?
This subject has been covered before  It's a link click it "Busa as a first bike" check out the Another Link "New Owners Forum"

It's up to the individual more than what type of bike you get as far as if your gonna die or if it's a good deal.  Get a insurance quote first
winkold.gif

***Not sure what's up with the link function***

thanks but ive already acknowledged that i saw the threads after i posted...

as for the bike
i saw a nice older bike out in the country today up for sale,
dosent look too expensive so i may pick this up as a learner....
i have to get details on it...

Use the same friend who works for Suzuki to get you a good deal on the SV, not only is it much more flickable and forgiving, it's more fun in the twisties than a Busa. I've had both.

The Busa is a terrible beginner bike. Everyone on the board who says otherwise is just rationalizing.

I'm sorry if that is offensive to some, but, I'd rather save the skin of a new rider than the feelings of some of my fellow Busa riders.

Here are some other cons of the Busa, in addition to the ones mentioned repeatedly already:

1) The Busa runs hot. It is a furnace in the summer time. The SV will run considerably cooler and be more comfortable in the heat. Don't know if that's applicable in your situation, but it may be something to consider.

2) The Busa is a gas pig. If fuel economy is much of a concern, look elsewhere.

3) The Busa is highly desired by thieves. You could leave a key in the ignition of a 6 year old GS500 and it would probably be there in the morning.

I love my Busa, but it certainly is not without its issues!

My advice? Buy an SV!

Blue Haya gives the list to follow.

It's a lot of bike for a first but just take it easy (even after MSF course), and ride like they are out to get you... they are!

I've got over 400k miles on bikes since 64 and have never put one down or had an accident... and I ride hard. Don't be the first through an intersection after a red light, in an area of stores expect someone WILL pull out in front of you, use your eyes, throttle and brakes as safety tools. On the freeway don't ride in their blind spots and expect they will change lanes on you.

There is a place to let it hang out and it's not necessarily on the street, or after even one drink... and do not let anyone set your pace... you ride your own ride - damn, I'm sounding like an old ex-winger!

Wear full gear, even to go get milk........

Finally, really learn how to best use the front brake. You may think you know, but it's a very good tool.

I gotta go  
flush.gif

Stay safe,

Mark

Back