Thinking of doing an oil change for the first time.

When I first got my Busa, I was afraid to do ANY maintenance. But, after some friendly support and a lot of cajoling from a bunch of members here, I can change my own oil, brake pads, tires, even put a full exhaust on my trackbike - wrenching on your own bike is very rewarding, and helps you get thru the times when you can't ride it.

You will be find and plenty of members here will be glad to help you. Hint: Watch Blanca's pinned tutorial video of getting the fairings off without breaking attachment points.

I got the filter, now I wasn't sure whether to get synthetic oil or petroleum.

I went with synthetic, but is there even a difference?

I got the filter, now I wasn't sure whether to get synthetic oil or petroleum.

I went with synthetic, but is there even a difference?

Recommend you learn to use the SEARCH function; you will find about a thousand threads about oil, another thousand debating tires, etc.

Bottom line: There are a lot of members who use dino oil, and a lot of members that use synthetic for a lot of reasons (price, performance, etc.), with additional debate on brands/weights - but what we will pretty much ALL agree on, is that you actually change it REGULARLY and OFTEN.

Don't just dump in the entire gallon of oil after you drain the oil. Chances are that if you use the entire gallon of oil, you will overfill which is not good. Make sure your bike is level and not on the side stand then check the site glass after you've added 3 1/2 quarts worth to make sure you don't go over the line. I change my oil without any help so I have the bike on the side stand and then carefully pull the bike up off the stand while checking the site glass. It's best to have a friend hold the bike for you. When you think it's at the right level, start the bike and let it run for a couple of minutes. Let the bike stand and then check it again.

I've looked everywhere on the forums, google and YouTube and CANNOT find one step by step tutorial on how to do an oil change on a Gen 2 Busa.
Is it in the service manual or something?

There is vids on the forum and step by step videos on how to remove the right side fairing on youtube

I know how to remove the fairings, I don't know how to drain the oil, or change the filter.
There is no information on how to do that.

Back