Thinking of doing an oil change for the first time.

K&N filters with the nut welded to the top in packs of 3 from Amazon. They are a couple dollars more for the filter, but I really like the ease of putting a wrench into the fairing and then pulling out the filter a few seconds later. I used the OEM for the first few with a strap wrench, and the couple extra dollars is well worthy my time and effort.

Suzuki or you could go get ripped off pretty quick by getting a K&N. Just saying, payin for the name is an option :laugh:

you probably do not need this reminder but be CAREFUL with overtightening the drain plug :please:

K&N filters with the nut welded to the top in packs of 3 from Amazon. They are a couple dollars more for the filter, but I really like the ease of putting a wrench into the fairing and then pulling out the filter a few seconds later. I used the OEM for the first few with a strap wrench, and the couple extra dollars is well worthy my time and effort.

+1....

K&N cuz like Sous said the nut on the end makes it a lot easier to work with.
And I get them at Cycle Gear.

Dang dude, how did I miss that trick? Thanks for the post.

And........makes sure you remove the old filter gasket from the block before you install the new filter. You wont like what happens when you have 2 filter gaskets in place.

Another vote for K&N. I have a sidewinder exhaust and low profile billet oil pan so I have to dremel the nut off of the K&N in order to fit behind the header.

Get the K&N from Amazon and I use the Honda oil from the dealership. 1 gallon + 1/2 qt fills mine up perfectly but a stock oil pan may be different.

Be careful removing the fairing. Watch the videos on where the studs are. Break one and you will be one unhappy person. I have 450 reasons why im telling you

Suzuki or you could go get ripped off pretty quick by getting a K&N. Just saying, payin for the name is an option :laugh:

What do you think is so wrong with K&N oil filters?
I can't personally say that they filter any better, but I can't say that they filter any worse either.
I also definately agree with above posts stating of how nice it is having the hex end on them to get them off with a regular wrench.
Nothing worse than trying to get your hand or any type of oil filter wrench into a tight spot.
Especially when the gasket is stuck and you can't get a good grip.
Putting a box end wrench on to break it loose makes it so easy.:beerchug:

I go with OEM on the oil filters. I have used a WIX filter before but in my personal opinion I wouldnt use any less of qaulity.
If you cant twist off the old filter by brute force of your hand and wrist your tightening the filter to much.

Back