Talked to guy claimed he had an oil filter bypass on his busa, no filter?

2Wheels2Live

Registered
I talked to a guy today who claims he has an oil filter bypass on his busa. He doesn't run a filter, just changes his oil every 1500-2000 miles. he said it was too much of a pain to get to the filter all the time so he did this instead? He didn't know the name of the bypass though. You know how cheap talk can be though, not even sure I believe him. I do know that there used to be years ago, and still are, some types of vehicles and machinery that don't run filters, just screens and short oil changes. He said he just uses on sale dino oil.
What do you guys think?

Its possible but why??
Thats kinda like taking a shower and not using soap...
I would never run a bike without a filter..especially a performance bike..
The filter removes all the particals from the friction in the engine like metal particals ect..if u dont remove them they can harm your engine..puts alot of extra wear on the internal parts..

sent from my busa

Nope not just you, reason why I didn't want to go turbo and lose my oil cooler hence causing me to change my oil more often.

sounds stupid but hey, there's plenty of that out there :laugh:

Actually, if his reasoning to do a bypass was because getting the filter on/off was a PITA, then it really sounds like he's stupid AND lazy. Sadly I think you might have run into a typical member of society. Did you actually see his busa or know he has one? Cuz if not, then you might have hit the trifecta, stupid and lazy and a liar (full of pooh) which means you coulda found yourself a congress person posing as a busa owner :laugh:

Surely he meant that he took his oil cooler and not oil filter. How would you bypass your filter in the first place? If you take your cooler off it would make changing your filter easier. The mileage he gave you was about correct for oil changes without the cooler on.

If you really wanted to do it, you could make one very easily. I'm just wondering why anybody in their right mind would do it.

FWIW, many older airplane engines run with a simple oil screen filter and see good service life.

Actually, if his reasoning to do a bypass was because getting the filter on/off was a PITA, then it really sounds like he's stupid AND lazy. Sadly I think you might have run into a typical member of society. Did you actually see his busa or know he has one? Cuz if not, then you might have hit the trifecta, stupid and lazy and a liar (full of pooh) which means you coulda found yourself a congress person posing as a busa owner :laugh:
Trifecta :rofl: and no he wasn't on a bike, I was getting on mine and he came up to me :laugh:

If you really wanted to do it, you could make one very easily. I'm just wondering why anybody in their right mind would do it.

FWIW, many older airplane engines run with a simple oil screen filter and see good service life.
He did mention something along those lines, that with real short oil changes a filter wasn't really needed and other vehicles didn't use them. He was a pretty heavyset guy, big belly, and didn't look like he would be too comfortable on his knee's working on bikes much. But I always take things said with a grain of salt if they aren't riding their bike.

ha ha haaa he said (pooh)

You're all just a bunch of overachiever showoffs. Who even puts oil in bikes anymore? :poke:

Back