Thinking about Turbo

spawneng

Registered
I had a few questions about turbos and there needed hardware.

1. Is the turbo water cooled?
2. Is the oil cooler removed? Is that good for the motor?
3. I have read Mr.turbo's hahn's and velocity's site and they talk about including injectors. Do the kits add injectors or replace the stock one's. If they add to the bike, how are the fired? add them to the stock injector harness?
4. will my stock pump handle fuel needs?

I'm looking for 250-275hp.

'03 busa

thanks everyone

I had a few questions about turbos and there needed hardware.

1. Is the turbo water cooled?

The Turbo is not water cooled, and if you put a intercooler on or an water mist system, the air is cooled before it goes in the engine not at the turbo.

2. Is the oil cooler removed? Is that good for the motor?

Some systems need to remove the oil cooler not all systems do this. I have never heard of any problems removing the cooler.

3. I have read Mr.turbo's hahn's and velocity's site and they talk about including injectors. Do the kits add injectors or replace the stock one's. If they add to the bike, how are the fired? add them to the stock injector harness?

Depends on what HP you want to push. Most will use larger injectors instead of adding a 5th injector. Adding injectors is another mod.

4. will my stock pump handle fuel needs?

This totally depends on your riding. The stock fuel pump will work fine for 250hp, although in hot weather it is better to relocated from the engine area. If you are doing a lot of hard riding you may want to look at a T-rex or similar pump.

I'm looking for 250-275hp.

You will get htis with a Hahn and certainly more with a Velocity. Mr. Turbo I have not seen much that I like.

'03 busa

thanks everyone

Back