Thinking about doing ohio next year

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
So thinking about doing my first LSR event at Ohio next year and just want some input from people who have done it. Yes I searched just want to double check on stuff. So what do I need. I see wire tire the axles but anything else? Will get the metal vavle stems.(where to get them at? ) who should I get the metal chain guard from? I will flush and replace coolant with water. Where should I get the kill switch from? Anything that I have forgotten? I will be getting boots and gloves this year but will a 2 piece suit be OK or does it have to be a one piece? I just want to go to feel the experience but I would love to get 200mph club. I have a 2001 busa with a full hindle exhaust air box mod and a PC. I plan on getting arid of my MPH restriction this summer. I will be running stock gears and weigh in around 150-155lbs all geared up and stand at 5'7". How fast should I be able to go? I have a double bubble windshield, should I leave it on or put the stock one back on? I will take the mirrors off but that's about all. I will be replacing my nose fairing this winter with a better one but should I keep this one and have it reworked to get arid of the headlight for this event? Thinking about making a metal seat so I can get lower and better tucked in, will this be worth the effort? (Will be making it myself ,so cost will be next to nothing ) Thanks for any advice.

No need to do all of that. Check my thread for basics but ECTA does require a couple additional mods (i.e. metal battery strap, etc.). I'd recommend you run it like it is or with minimal changes to earn your license requirements. Then worry about making changes after you baseline the bike. Depending on weather and conditions you should be high-170-180's... :beerchug:

Does your two piece have at least a 270 zipper? I don't believe 8 inch zippers and open two pieces are allowed.

As said before, along with the normal mods you know about the metal battery strap is a must and probably the most forgotten and overlooked piece. The first time down many riders are running around looking for a way to make a metal strap for the battery.

Look at Tiger Racing for you chain guard, metal here is mandatory also and he makes them to spec.

Back