It's Official. ECTA Land Speed Racing in Wilmington, Ohio for 2012

2fast4u2c

Site Sponsor
Registered
It's Official folks. The ECTA's new home is Wilmington, Ohio. We will be using the runways built for DHL transport planes. The runways are long, flat and smooooooth. Can't wait to see the schedule. Make plans to be at our inaugural event in April or so. Get your Land Speed Racing Machines ready to go really fast.

Copy this information and get it out to every website you can think of for both cars and bikes.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new home for lsr
Glad something is a little closer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I've alway wanted to do one of these but it is still a 7 hour drive. I just might have to start preping for it.

This is good news. I was getting ready to ask how this was progressing. I will definatley make this race

I will be there to see what mph I can produce...it will be cool to meet a few of the guys here and to attend an event.

Will they run close to the same schedule like they did at Maxton? I mean like a meet every month. This will be awesome because it is almost the same distance to Wilmington as it is to beeville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a new guy in the lsr events aside from passing tech / safety inspection what are the must haves for the crew guys / helpers? I have been to drag racing over the weekends at various tracks...I get the food / showers are nice and waking up to engines roaring...I am overwhelmed at the chance to run...I just want to have a good experience.

Will they run close to the same schedule like they did at Maxton? I mean like a meet every month. This will be awesome because it is almost the same distance to Wilmington as it is to beeville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they have a schedule posted just yet. At Maxton recently they have been running 5 events/year. April, May, June, Sept, Oct.

As a new guy in the lsr events aside from passing tech / safety inspection what are the must haves for the crew guys / helpers? I have been to drag racing over the weekends at various tracks...I get the food / showers are nice and waking up to engines roaring...I am overwhelmed at the chance to run...I just want to have a good experience.

There are some threads active about passing tech specs. Here are some of the basics...everyone misses the battery strap rule. You can order a rule book from the ECTA web site for about $10
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/128908-basics-passing-ecta-lsr-maxton-tech.html

PS: They now prefer the battery strap go all the way around the battery...

woot...Its gotta be closer than Texas for me. Guy, I'm gonna need one of those fenders. :firedevil:

Just ordered 10 more. Should have them in 3-5 weeks. It takes 2 days per fender to make. I get 2 per week done.

Guy

As close as the city is to the airport, it won't be like other events where you have to bring EVERYTHING. If you need something you can probably run and get it in a few minutes locally if you have to...

Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus are al within an hour or LESS and lots of options around... ;)

Something particular you aren't sure about?

I have a pro mod car friend that I plan on pitting with so a mobile house and shop are taken care of...it will be really fun and a good experience even if I brake something that I can't take care of...I am wondering if a +1 or +2 front sproket are in order. I could pm you some machhine details as to what I will bring. Some shop guys might bring some cars to run them out also...For sake of getting a thread started this could be it or start a new one with specific details...I could also be jumping the gun on the reality of the event.

If the ECTA has gotten it approved then the events WILL happen. They don't mess around with that kind of stuff... ;)

What kind of bike/mods/power are you planning to race? Depending on your weight/aero, that would give me a better idea of gearing.

Back