Things to look out for.

HayAbuseD

Registered
I am hoping to secure a used Busa soon. I was wondering what should i be looking out for, besides the usual subframe, crash damage, curbed rims ....etc.
confused.gif

Are there any other gremlins hiding in the Busa?
lookaround.gif

Sorry to post this thread here, i think it should be under 1st time void, but somehow, it would not let me start a new thread there. Would appreciate any helpful comments.
ernaehrung004.gif

Hopefully i can find one soon........
ernaehrung019.gif

jwcfbd

Administrator
Registered
First of all, The 1st time void section is for those people asking us if the Busa would be a good first bike to learn on. So you are right to post here.
I'm not sure about this one but I think that the 1999s had a recall on the fuel pump. I do know that both the 99s and 00s had a recall on the cam chain tensioner. This is one thing that you will definitely want to make sure was done. I have a 2000 and bought it new. The cam chain tensioner is the only recall that I am aware of. Other then that I am very happy with it.

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Make sure the guages match the bike, so you know the mileage is correct.

HayAbuseD

Registered
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td> (Ninja Eater @ July 28 2002, 09:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Make sure the guages match the bike, so you know the mileage is correct.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Can u please elaborate? What do you mean by "match the bike"?

Do you mean that the milage shown is reflected in the bikes condition?

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texatl