2205 what to look out for

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
Greetings to the collective
I have an opportunity to pick u a 2005 Busa for 3200 Can (about 2000 US) 135,000 Kilometers or about 80,000miles
I have only seen pictures and am hoping to get down to see it on the week end. I am buying it to go drag racing
Other than obvious cosmetic damage what should I know about it that I should carefully look at. Any well known problems such as fuel pump or injector issues things of that sort
It happens to be in Ottawa for though of us in Ontario
thanks in advancer any advice
Johnnie Phatt

Greetings to the collective
I have an opportunity to pick u a 2005 Busa for 3200 Can (about 2000 US) 135,000 Kilometers or about 80,000miles
I have only seen pictures and am hoping to get down to see it on the week end. I am buying it to go drag racing
Other than obvious cosmetic damage what should I know about it that I should carefully look at. Any well known problems such as fuel pump or injector issues things of that sort
It happens to be in Ottawa for though of us in Ontario
thanks in advancer any advice
Johnnie Phatt
Glad to see you posting jp and even happier to see you grabbing another busa :thumbsup: :banana:

2005 bikes have the bugs worked out at least...no major factory issues I believe.

I'd imagine you are going to be replacing most of the consumable items (chain, sprockets, brake pads, rotors, bearings, etc...). Hopefully it wasn't flogged to an inch of it's life but that will be evident pretty quickly.

Should be a good weekend to travel at least.

Yep It is he one at Wheelsport A man named Lee or Leigh called and said it was quite good. But I know nothing of their reputation as a dealer so that's a toss up. But it is a Suzuki so they tend to take a lot of abuse :) Guys are getting 500 HP out of them so I do not think Milage is an issue There is a guy down south a with well over 200,000 miles on his
If anyone happens to be passing by and felt like dropping in I would appreciate that.
But Do Not make a special trip
Thanks all
jp

I don’t know anyone down there anymore since I left Ottawa in 2013... their reputation was “ok” but really none of the shops in that town had a stellar rep anyway. Price seems fair for what it is though and yeah, it’s only 80,000 miles or so.... plenty of life left likely.

There used to be a girl in parts at Wheelsport that I craved.... Mel. Such a cutie...:drool:

Hard to believe there's nothing closer to you...the GTA must be crawling with good used cheap Hayabusas...What does Kijiji say?

Here's a couple from Kijiji, a little more money but closer to you and less kms...

Back