The TRE really does work...

bsrigley

Registered
I know there has been a lot of talk about whether or not the TRE will work on an '03, but now I have comfirmation...IT DOES!
I just got back from the races at the Virginia International Raceway in Danville where Dyno Guys Testing and Tuning had a dyno set up and here are the results from my bone stock '03 (with the exception of the Ivan's TRE)

HP= 158.8
Top speed=200.0

I was running my all but used up OEM rear tire, and the guy running the Dyno agreed with me that with a new tire that had an extra 1/4" of tread on it, I would have topped out at around 203mph.   :super:

Gentlemen, my most humble apologies to you all, especially Johnnycheese, :mad: if I have accidentally posted old info...  Truth is I haven't been diligent in reading every post for the past few weeks.  I did however spend many hours a couple of months ago looking for answers to this question before I spent the $70 on the TRE, but couldn't find a definitive answer as to the elimination of the top end restriction on an '03.  

I THOUGHT I might be able to save someone else some time.  I THOUGHT I was pretty clear in my post's title about the content.  I THUOGHT that someone like johnnycheese who already knows all wouldn't waste their time reading my post.

monsterspeedfreak, I am planning to buy a GPS soon.  If I can find the right patch of road and the nutz I'll shoot for the 200mph mark soon.  

Don't pay any attention the Johnny, His butt is just puckered because of all the rain we've been gettin in Texas.
Don't get your hopes up on the 200MPH thing tho.
It AIN'T gonna do it!
It's nice to use, and to play with, but a BUSA will NOT go 200 mph in stock form.

Above all, be careful! :thumbsup:

Don't pay any attention the Johnny, His butt is just puckered because of all the rain we've been gettin in Texas.
Don't get your hopes up on the 200MPH thing tho.
It AIN'T gonna do it!
It's nice to use, and to play with, but a BUSA will NOT go 200 mph in stock form.

Above all, be careful! :thumbsup:
Rain.......you gotta be kiddin.......we haven't had any rain up here to speak of in 2 months......driest, hottest summer since 38 for us, and we're gonna smash that record if we don't get rain real soon. :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Oh yeah.......didn't think a stock Busa would pull 200.......

Sorry if we were hard on ya rigley!!!! :super:

I like newbies
I just don't see a need for one unless you really think you will go faster than 186 and 99.8% never will

I like newbies
I just don't see a need for one unless you really think you will go faster than 186 and 99.8% never will
No it is 99.8999 percent do not exceed the limiter. A stock Busa will frun 200mph gps with a 80 mph tail wind and a 110lb rider with 18/40 gearing and a 8 1/2 mile runway. :D :D

It is not easy. A stock Bysa will not hit the 200mpg gps but you will be going fast. Keep in mind all of the ohter laws of physics... Wond , rider,traction, etc. Please be careful.

I just don't like the word "restricted" when it comes to my busa.  The engine, bodywork, tires, tranny, and[maybe] the rider are all capable of more than 186 but the electronics are holding it back.  I know it's silly but I just felt like I had to "fix" it if I could.

sleeperbusa, how close do you think I could get?  Would changing the sprockets help or do I just not have enough HP?   I will hit 200mph someday!! I'll start with the GPS to see where I am now, then pipes and a PC.  What's next?  Maybe NOS?

It'll get in the 180s on GPS. The Speedo will prolly ...........oh wait, yours won't go over 200, sorry. :bounce:
You will need some airbox work,a pipe, a set of cams and maybe a big bore.
THEN,
it needs a proper map.
Nitrous is an option, but it's kinda risky spraying for long distances.
A stocker doesn't have enough power to get to the rev limiter in 6th gear.
After you get the power, a 39 tooth rear sprocket will get you to about 201-203mph.

gearing will work 4sure Ben , I garan-damb-tee it . I've geared my bike the other way....just to goof around...smaller up front,bigger out back. It gives me this wahoo,instant rush.It wont make it go faster, BUT , it will get me there faster.
Stock is 17 front , 40 rear . If memory serves.
So, I went 16 front...fun but still not enuff "light 2 light" fun .
So, then I went 16/42 , more fun . Its a lil' game called "see if you can keep the front wheel on the ground."

But if top end speed is what yer after, go up 1 on the front, and down some on the back . 200 MPH will happen 4sure, it will just take a little longer getting there .

Its like this...the engine only goes to so many RPM before the rev-limiter kicks in, so, once that happens the party is over . SO, taller gearing keeps the party going longer,it just wont win you too many drag races . DONT get me wrong , you'll still kill all them fugs in five liter 'Stangs, and them posers on Ninja's etc etc....

I've gone all over the place goofin' with gearing on this thing...it has enuff hp & torque to pull you along on just about any amount of teeth .

mine 16/42....awesome snap , real fun , haven't lost to anything (for town/light 2 light an' such)
Want hi-speed...18/something...even 18/stock , might give ya yer 200.
Change yer gears....EXPECT speedo/odometer errors.
.... Expect gas miliage differences

like mine....with the gears I'm goofin with now...

I can pass anybody...and anything...EXCEPT a gas station.

If yer not a quater-mile "r"....dont sweat it , even stuff like nos wont get ya over the top , yer still gonna rev out. You'll get to yer top speed faster , it just might not be 200.
If you've got a long road,and time to wait....200 is easy.

have a good 1.....RSD.

Back