TRE plug for '03 busas

flitemedic13

Registered
i have an 03 busa thats just broken in...i put the TRE plug in it....im not sure i can tell a diffrence as far as better response from the 1st 3 gears like it supposedly fixes..also has anyone actually seen or heard if the TRE plug actually de-restricting the top speed at 186 ? ive also heard that the TRE plug has problems working in the 03 and 04's but really does the job in the 01 and 02...not sure if this is B.S. or not just a comment i heard from one person....thanx

not too sure about the 03's....the tre is only to open up your top end speed.

At a stand still in neutral rev the bike to 2k rpm's. Hold it there. Pull the clutch in if the r's drop approx. by 500 it's workin' fine. Yes to does derestrict. I have an 03' I had it pegged in 6th several times. No problems here.

i have an 03 busa thats just broken in...i put the TRE plug in it....im not sure i can tell a diffrence as far as better response from the 1st 3 gears like it supposedly fixes..also has anyone actually seen or heard if the TRE plug actually de-restricting the top speed at 186 ?  ive also heard that the TRE plug has problems working in the 03 and 04's but really does the job in the 01 and 02...not sure if this is B.S. or not just a comment i heard from one person....thanx
if you have to ask if it works and you have it on your bike then you didn't need to buy it

Johnny Johnny, remember your gentle side.
biggrin.gif
However JC happens to be right. Ask yourself how often you are going to go over 186mph (true speed which is 200mph on your speedo). Don't instal it for a status thing.

Johnny Johnny, remember your gentle side.  
biggrin.gif
 However JC happens to be right.  Ask yourself how often you are going to go over 186mph (true speed which is 200mph on your speedo).  Don't instal it for a status thing.
Ne he said that he did not feel the difference in1-3 this is common the TRE did not fix all bikes (due to the rich lean condition) all it is a bandaid for some.
I just hate when people waste their money

I could not resist tweaking you a little. I totally agree with you so many people buy it and very few really use it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I recently installed Ivan's Smart TRE on my '04 model. It's advertised as smart because it doesn't alter the idle, and in fact it had no effect on idle speed. But it does eliminate the jolty acceleration in the lower gears, as first observed by Sport Rider magazine in its October 2001 article on de-restricting the 'Busa and big Ninja. This immediate throttle response alone is worth the $110 I paid for the TRE, even if I never exceed 186 MPH on the bike.

I recently installed Ivan's Smart TRE on my '04 model. It's advertised as smart because it doesn't alter the idle, and in fact it had no effect on idle speed. But it does eliminate the jolty acceleration in the lower gears, as first observed by Sport Rider magazine in its October 2001 article on de-restricting the 'Busa and big Ninja. This immediate throttle response alone is worth the $110 I paid for the TRE, even if I never exceed 186 MPH on the bike.
wow for a couple a hunderd more you could have had a PC3 and been happier

Ne he said that he did not feel the difference in1-3 this is common the TRE did not fix all bikes (due to the rich lean condition) all it is a bandaid for some.
I just hate when people waste their money
Could you please explain that last statement about the TRE not fixing all bikes due to the "rich/lean condition" please for us mere mortals.

I have an 03 and just installed a TRE. Havn't had a chance to really see if it works on the top end. Weather around here hasn't been great. But it seems like its a bit smoother on the low end of the gears, 1st and 2nd. But then again i installed it over the winter so with the down time there wasn't much for comparison......just recall from last season. When i installed it I did notice at idol that my rpms dropped on release of the clucth when i was warming my bike up before i went for a ride. As far as the speed restriction I'll know soon.......

For what it,s worth, I have had starting problem lately, (back fireing), and I went by my dealer and told him about what was happing on my 02, and the first thing he asked me was did I have aTRE on it and I said ,yes I do. He then told me to disconnect it and see what happens. So I went home and unhooked it and I,ve not had any problem,s since. And also, I put the TRE on whan I only had 150miles on it, so I had never riden it without it til then, and all I can say is I know now wht the drag racers don,t use the TRE, it is much quicker , in the short run without it,and it seem,s smoother without it, but that,s just my .02 worth.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|busa1300nut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081208713 -->

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>THE BOTTOM LINE IS IT WORKED FOR YOU</span></span>

But the point That we have been making (for months) over and over is;  You can make the same adjustments with program and PC.   So if you already have  PC just adjsut it.  Throttle stops, mixture, - timing.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081223470 -->

I have an 03 and just installed a TRE.  Havn't had a chance to really see if it works on the top end. Weather around here hasn't been great.  But it seems like its a bit smoother on the low end of the gears, 1st and 2nd. But then again i installed it over the winter so with the down time there wasn't much for comparison......just recall from last season.  When i installed it I did notice at idol that my rpms dropped on release of the clucth when i was warming my bike up before i went for a ride. As far as the speed restriction I'll know soon.......
Be careful, that is actual not speedo. 186mph is 200 on the speedo or way past 180mph. we ahve to get some nice warm roads around here first.

Back